Chapter 2: The Boy

Y/N's POV

After the two finished, the crowd went wild with cheers. Aidan and Trinity hugged and jumped off the stage. I smiled lightly and clapped. I then walked away.

I kept wandering around and found the Central Library. The place was empty and cold. I entered the adult section full of figurative language and huge words. I skipped through a few pages until I noticed someone in the corner of my eye..

Aidan?!

He was in the same section as me. Did he notice me? Did he recognize me? Oh no, he's walking up to me, what do I do what do I d-

"Hey, I'm sorry to bother, but I have a question I hope you don't mind answering." He said calmly making eye contact.

"Uhm, me? You're talking to me?" I said finding my legs a bit weak.

"Are you okay ma'am?"

"I'm fine, it's a bit.. cold in here."

"It's quite chilly, isn't it" He softly giggles. He seemed uneasy but trying to push that away.

"Do you still have your question..?" I mentioned changing the subject.

"Would you have any clue on where this book is?"

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and ran up a photo. It was a book, with the tittle of 'Songs for Songs'.. I gasped.

"Do you know it?" He hesitated.

"It's one of my favorites!" I claimed very loudly.

"SHHHHHH!" Lady in the back hissed.

My face flashed red as I turned and noticed Aidan was getting a kick out of this.

"Sorry.. My bad, I've read this book about 269 times, it helps me a lot." I said with a face palm.

"Wait, so you sing? Do you still have that book?"

"Sadly no, I got it from a Library far from here, but yeah, it's actually why i'm here, in LA. I know someone who owns a studio. I've been writing songs and I want to achieve my dream as a singer/songwriter."

I noticed his eyes widening with his smile so big his cheeks touched his earlobes. We stared at each other for a good few seconds before his mouth spoke.

"Where are my manners, I'm Aidan, Aidan Gallagher." He spoke with his hand out.

"Y/N, Y/N L/N." I shook his hand with a huge grin.

"Hey you wouldn't maybe mind sticking around with me trying to find that book right?"

"I wouldn't mind at all." I continued to smile.

We ended up walking all around the library searching for the book. We talked to the librarian asking for help. The book was no where to be found. So Aidan quickly took his phone back out and searched up places to find it.

"There's one more left, we have to get it." He claimed pointing at his phone.

"Where is it a-"

I was interrupted.

"Aidan what are you doing here? You totally bailed."A girl said from behind me.

I turn around and see the girl from earlier. Trinity, and she was out of breathe. She took one look at me and raised her eyebrow.

"Sorry uhm, I got distracted. This is Y/N." Aidan said nervously.

"Oh, hello.. Aidan come on we're gonna be late." Trinity said quickly.

"Hold up."

Aidan pulled a sticky note out with a pen and wrote down a few numbers. He passed the paper to me and they ran off quick. I looked up from the paper and saw that Aidan was looking at me with a light smile while he was running.

The note had his number. With a ":)" next to it.

What was this boy doing? What is gonna happen now?

It was about time for me to head back to the hotel room. I noticed Aunty hasn't texted me since I've been gone. A good thing I guess? I wasn't sure. I walked up to the two doors using my ID pass and entered the halls into my room.

I walked inside and heard Aunty was on a phone call in the bathroom. I decided it was best to leave her be and hop on my bed and scroll through Insta.
Maybe 15 minutes pass and Aunty came out of the bathroom.

"Oh dear you frightened me." She jumped. "Well did you have fun?"

"Yeah, this place is pretty cool. There's a library a few minutes from here."

"Oooo that's efficient. Well I have some news." She said sitting on the bed next to me.

"Good or bad?"

"Good dear, good."