Chapter 15: Come Closer

Y/N's POV

After a few more minutes, we managed to finally finish our slices. We throw our life rafts back on, grab our boards and head back into the water for another hour. Our clothes started to get heavier on our bodies, making it harder to swim, so we just laid down on our boards, and relaxed. With the little waves bouncing us around.

"This is nice. I feel better." I spoke softly starring into the sky.

"I'm glad. Me too. This really was fun." Aidan claimed laying the same way as I was positioned.

"Hey Aidan?" I asked. "Do you know if that post ever got deleted.. The one of us holding hands?"

"Yes, my manager took care of it, but I still get thousands of messages about people asking about it. I just don't like to respond to them you know?"

"I haven't really checked my insta in a while, but I know it's been blowing up."

"I'm sure it has." Aidan replied.

The sun looked like it was about to set in a few hours, but we continued to lay on our boards and float off into the distance. We talked about how he became an actor. How his family was doing. Some things about my parents too. We opened up to each other some more. Once again it was lovely.

It was time for us to return our boards and life rafts. Our clothes were still wet, so we had to leave that way because we had not towels to dry ourselves with. We walked through the city soaked and headed back to the studio.

I texted Aunty we were on our way back and she said she was still sitting in the studio with Rob and Liz.

We arrive back to the studio. Not dripping much water anymore, but our clothes still drenched. We head inside.

"What the heck did you two do?" Rob exclaims concerned.

Aidan and I look at each other and let out a tiny chuckle.

"We went paddle boarding because Trinity went home and we were bored." I spoke still with a laugh on my face.

"Why? You two didn't even have your bathing suits?" Aunty wondered.

"Where's the fun in that." Aidan shrugs. Like he said to me earlier. I couldn't help but grin oh so slightly.

"There should be towels in the back. Go finish drying yourselves off." Rob face palms.

We nod and start heading to the back of the studio. We're standing in front of a closet and Aidan throws his hand out, and opens it. There's three white towels. We take two and wrap them around ourselves.

"I'm already starting to get cold from our clothes." I spoke almost shivering.

"Here."

Aidan wraps his towel around mine and holds it steady around my shoulders as he rubs them. He slowly stops and stares into my eyes.. I follow him. I wonder what was going through his mind. We didn't lose our eye connection. The space between us was thin. Only a few inches apart.

Suddenly Rob and Aunty walk in, the opening of the door startled us. Making us lose our eye contact and Aidans towel fall of my shoulders and onto the floor.

"Okay good, you found the towels. We were wondering why you two took this long." Rob spoke.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. I was just trying to get warmer." I spoke quick. Saying something dumb to try and make something up.

Aunty and Rob exit the room. Aidan picks his towel up then we leave right behind them.

"So kiddo. What're thinking. You want to continue your song? Add some more things to it? Echos and fading?" Rob suggests sweetly.

"Yes! Sounds amazing. Let me get dry first."

I start to walk back outside to get dry quicker. I open the doors and step out and sit by the stairs and let the sun set on my face. Not even a minute later. I hear the door open behind me. I didn't have to turn and see who it was. I already knew.

"Hey.." Aidan softly says from behind me. Steps down the few stairs and sits directly next to me.

"Hi." I say. Sounding almost awkward.

"What do you think Y/N?" Aidan randomly asks. Not looking at me but looking in front of him.

"What do you mean?"

"About me." He says straightforward. Now staring at me.

My heart slipped. I paused. It took seconds to actually find the words to speak.

"That could mean many things Aidan.. What do you mean specifically?" I ask looking back at him.

"You should know that by now."

"I feel.."

I hesitated, stuttered. I had to think some more.

"I feel like you're my person. The person that could be mine. Someone I've been looking for, for a long time.." I say slowly with passion.

He keeps silent and looks down. He seemed as if he was trying to hold a smile. He failed. An adorable smile crosses his checks. Good sign?

"Y/N.. I feel the same.. I want you." He says.

I felt like I was going to puke butterfly's. My face complete red. Did I like this boy? The question was everywhere running through my mind. It's suppose to be a yes or no question. To me.. Well..

"I want you too." I spoke with my eyes almost tearing up. I look down at the stair beneath me..

Aidan looked up and glanced at me for a while. He lifts his hand and places it onto my chin.. Making it move up. I'm looking up at him now. Him doing the same.. We spend a few long seconds starring at the one another's eyes. His gorgeous forest green eyes that sparkle in the sunlight. With his dark brown hair flowing down his neck giving me goosebumps.

He didn't move a single muscle besides his eyes looking back and forth scanning mine. I hope nothing ruined this perfect moment. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to feel his lips press again mine as hard as they could.. But I was too frightened. I was frozen.

He breaks our eye contact and let's his fingers slide off my chin. My breathing stopped. He sits in a regular position.

"Aidan?" I ask nervous as hell.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I don't know what I was thinking." He blamed himself looking back down. I could hear the strangle in his voice.

"Hey." I spoke. Trying to bring back his reassurance by placing my whole hand on his cheek. Making him look back up.

He then lays his entire head on my hands closing his eyes. His smile was little, but full of pure bliss.

We stay in that position for some time-

*CLANG*

Aidan and I jump hard! We start looking at where the sound came from.

"Who's there?!" I yelled bravely.

"Y/N look!" Aidan states pointing the opposite direction from me.

There was a human shadow sprinting away whilst making a ton of noise.

"Hey wait!" I get up sprinting after them.

"Y/N wait come back!"

Everything happened so fast. It was an instant reaction. My legs already staring to get weak from immediately running. I felt myself lose it.. I fell.

Everything was black.