Chapter 14: Paddleboarding

Y/N's POV

I wasn't sure what to say next. After his kind gesture. My cheeks were flushed, my stomach was in knots.

"Thank you Aidan.. I try to be. You know, strong and stuff." I muttered fading off quietly at the end of that sentence.

"I don't think you need to be. As long as your surrounded by the people who love you, right?" Aidan spoke with a grin.

"Oh my god shut it." I giggled pushing him slightly. "You sound like a teacher." I tease.

"It's true ain't it?" He mocks. He rubs his neck very cutely.

We sit there for a bit starring off into the distance of the city. People walking around with their friends and family. And parents. It was unexpected, but Aidan held the top of my hand. Like he was expecting me to flip it over to hold his.

I did. I turn my hand over and we collide our fingers then hold tight. He turned over to me.

"You think we should head back?" He asked.

"Not yet." I smirked. "I'm not ready for that. What if I just want to stay with you for a bit longer?" I said. My dumb self being confident.

He put a huge grin on his face. Recognizing my move. We stood there for a few seconds. I noticed that his eyes started to widen. Like he was about to exclaim something right in my face.

"How about we go somewhere?" He spilled sitting up from the bench.

"Uhm what do you mean? We just did." I spoke concerned.

"Well yeah, but something more exciting. Somewhere just the two of us."

"Oh, then what do you have in mind?" I asked a bit nervously. Considering he wanted it to be just us.

"Maybe to the movies, or even a paintball fight if your that bored." He shrugged.

"That actually sounds fun, we should. I could go for some entrainment right now."

"Sweet I actually know this cool place. It might take a couple bucks out of my account but I think I can afford it." He sarcastically says with a little chuckle.

"Take me there." I spoke taking my hand out so he can help me up off the bench.

He stood up and throws his hand out, pulls me up on my feet, and then start walking his direction. The entire walk wasn't silent. All we did was talk, and I loved it.

We seem to have arrived to the place he was speaking about. It was almost like this booth, but had a sign on the top of it. "Paddle boarding".

"Paddle boarding huh?" I spoke raising my eyebrows standing in front of the booth. Then glancing back at Aidan right next to me.

"You don't enjoy it?"

"I've never tried it actually." I shrugged. "Let's do it though come on!" I exclaimed grabbing his hand and going up to the entrance.

Aidan payed for 2 hours. After that's up we have to give our stuff back. We received two paddle boards and two life rafts. Next headed to the beach located behind the booth. Feeling the gorgeous sea wind on our bodies. My hair flowing behind me.

"Wait Aidan? We don't have bathing suits." I said almost stopping in my tracks.

"Who needs bathing suits?" He says being a smart aleck.