Chapter 5: Studio Jam

Y/N's POV

He stood up off his feet fast. I could tell he had the same reaction as me. His eyes widened. Jaw to the floor.

"Y/N?!" Aidan quipped.

"Aidan?!" I stuttered.

"Well.. glad you two already know each other." Aunty said laid back with her eyebrows in the air.

"Yeah, I met him in the library yesterday actually, we were looking for a book." I flustered not looking away from Aidan's eyes.

He walked up to me.

"I'm glad for us to be working together." He smirked and spoke quietly.

"Thank you for letting me use your studio." I chuckled lightly with a smirk back.

"So.. how did you set this up?" Aidan approached Rob.

"Mable here was looking for a studio to use for Y/N, and since I've known her for a few years I thought I'd help them out." Rob shrugged with a nod.

"You never told me you've known him?!" I turned back at Aunty quickly.

"You never asked."

Aidan turned back at me.

"You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

I grabbed my music notebook and passed it to Rob, he really seemed to enjoy my songs. I was excited for what was going to happen next.

Next thing I know, I'm surrounded by equipment and a microphone hanging from the ceiling and I'm wearing huge black headphones. This is it. This could be my chance.

"Start whenever you're ready." Rob proceeded from the other room with all the controls. All the effects and auto tone.

I took a large deep breathe and took a look at Aidan and he gave me a thumbs up.

I opened my mouth.. and began.

After I finished singing with a confident ending. Aidan pulled a huge grin on his face while looking at Rob then back at me.

"That was brilliant Y/N, you really have true talent." He came out of the other room and into mine.

I took my headphones off and set them down and sighed with happiness and relief.

Rob entered in, and gave me a high five.

"Well done kiddo, very nice voice. I'll edit it tonight and we can listen to it in the morning."

"I can't wait sir." I said mocking a fancy curtesy.

I heard a little chuckle come from Aidan. Rob then left the room, and Aunty was still waiting in the lobby outside the room.

Aidan and I were alone.

"I really think we should write a song together sometime, with my guitar skills and your amazing singing, we're unstoppable." He said hyped up.

Oh how I've longed for this moment for the last 20 hours. Writing a song with Aidan felt like a dream. I've heard him play and he's extremely marvelous. All I'm thinking about is singing up on stage with him.

"You alright there? You kinda spaced out." He said a little worry in his tone. Waving his hand in my face.

"My bad.. It's just this is all surreal. I've been waiting for this moment and now I feel like my dream is about to begin." I said with my eyes a bit watery.

I felt so uplifted, satisfied, and Aidan made it better just by saying I was talented.

Aidan and I left the room and we said our goodbyes.

"Now I know for a fact we'll see each other again soon." He said grabbing his stuff and walking back up to me.

"I know! Now we should start making some lyrics, a beat and make a song together.. If you'd like that." I said sheepishly.

"That'd be amazing, maybe someday you know, but I'll text you later okay? Maybe get to actually hang out, get some food."

"Like ice cream?"

"Oh yes, I know this very delicious vegan ice cream shop down the street, we should walk there sometime." He smiled.

Aidan opened the door for me as we both left the studio. Aunty noticed and ran up to me quick.

"Hey dear! Was it fun? Rob told me you were amazing!" She said almost jumping for joy.

"It was actually more fun than expected. A really good experience and I'm excited to do it again."

"Me too, and I'm glad you had fun. How about we go out to eat huh? You hungry at all?"

"I could eat." I shrugged.

Aunty called for an Uber, so while we were waiting we were contemplating on where to go for food. Hotel food was getting boring.

Uber came a few minutes late, and dropped us off at a place called 'Warm Taste'. Who names a restaurant warm taste?

An hour later we were finished. We payed and headed out the door. I haven't checked my phone for a while so I pulled it out my pocket and what do you know.

2 messages from :

( WIFEY )

( Aidan )

I open Marie's first.

WIFEY

Hey, did you have fun in the studio today?

Me

Yes actually,
but you'll never guess what happened

WIFEY

Oh goodness, let me guess Aidan was there or something

Me

Ding ding ding

WIFEY

No way Y/N you're so lucky!!
I cant believe my own best friend is working with a famous person! 😜 hsgshshsj

Me

Yeah ik, it's hard to believe but I did pretty good and I can't wait to go back,
it was extremely fun.

WIFEY

Yeah cause your bf was there genius 😏

Me

Oh my god weirdo.

I then went straight to Aidan's text. What has he said?

Aidan

Hey Y/N, I just wanted to say again I had fun and I know we just saw each other a few hours ago, but I want to hang out again if it's alright with you. Since I have nothing else to do for the rest of the day.

Again, the butterfly's dude! Out of all the people he knows, he wants to hang out with me! This is crazy. I could feel my face boiling up again.

Me

That actually sounds perfect,
meet up at the library in 5?

Aidan

Lovely, cant wait. ;)