25. frustrated feelings

nini turned her phone off and put it down on her bed as she played a random melody on her keyboard, humming under her breath

"you know you make me feel good" she sung quietly "and that's something i don't take for granted lately, no. those eyes that smile yeah it glows... but i can't help feeling like something's missing though,"

she took her notebook and wrote it down quickly, feeling more guilty with herself.

everything with lucas was perfect. he was everything a girl could want in a guy. but then she also knew something was missing and she didn't want to come to the conclusion that was haunting her deep down.

she heard her phone go off a few times and picked it up, checking the notifications

nini let out a breath as she turned her phone off completely and put it in her nightstand drawer

she got her laptop out and decided to put on a few cartoons before lying back comfortably and looking at the screen, her mind wandering off to the confusion that she was having to deal with inside of her.

nini woke up to the sound of knocking at her door and looked around to see it was night outside and the cartoons were still playing

"i fell asleep?" she asks herself before sighing at the knocking "yeah?"

the door soon opened up with gina walking through slowly, closing it behind her

"hey neens," she smiles

"what's up gi?" nini asks as she stretches her arms, sitting up and yawning

"you fell asleep?" gina asks confused

nini nodded "apparently,"

"well-me and ej noticed you were being weird this afternoon," gina begins "and don't say you weren't. we've known you for ages."

"i can't talk about it." nini mumbles, glancing at the door

knowing what she was referring to, gina shook her head

"maya's not here. she's-uh-well-"

"with ricky," nini finishes, making gina nod

it was silent for a few seconds, nini trying to figure out how to start to explain something she couldn't even properly understand.

she took a deep breath "i-lucas is perfect."

gina glanced at her and nodded "but not the person you want?"

nini looked down "i do. i really like him gi, but-i-i think i also maybe still have feelings for ricky. and it-it sucks because he's with maya and he's crazy for her and she's liked him for ages. they both have had feelings for each other since middle school and i'm just-i'm me. lucas likes me. and he does all of these little things that are thoughtful and sweet but-then-ricky's known me forever and would always be able to be there. he would just-stay and help when i needed him and he gets me in a different way... it's all so frustrating-"

she felt her eyes starting to well up in tears at all of these feelings inside of her that were messing up her thoughts and emotions and felt gina bring her in for a hug as she let a few tears fall.

"i-i don't know what to do." she whispers, gina frowning over her shoulder

"look," gina begins as she pulls away, nini wiping her tears with her sleeve as she let out a shaky breath "i know this is going to be hard for you to do, but you have to talk to lucas."

nini shook her head vigorously "no."

"nini, you have to." gina says "this isn't fair to either of you. which is why you need to tell him now before the situation gets worse."

the girl frowns "i-i don't want to hurt him..."

"you'd be hurting him more if you didn't tell him the truth."