31. you said forever

nini bounced her knee up and down nervously as she checked the time on her phone, waiting for a text from ricky to tell her if she was here or not

it had been thirty minutes since she went on her lunch break and there was still no text from him.

she took a deep breath; yesterday he seemed fine. during the marathon it hurt slightly to see ricky and maya so close together, but she couldn't do much about it.

nini heard her phone go off and quickly picked it up to check who texted her

nini scoffed at the text message and put her phone down, shaking her head.

after knowing ricky for seventeen years, she knows all too well that he wasn't busy. thursday's were one of his other days off.

she got up from her desk and grabbed her bag angrily, rushing out of the building and to ricky's apartment complex, the frustration and anger building up with every step.

***

ricky strummed his guitar aimlessly as he sat on his bed before loud, non-stop knocking was heard from his door, causing for him to sigh and stand up from his bed, making his way over to it.

he opened the door and widened his eyes slightly when he saw nini - and she was mad.

she scoffed when she saw him in his usual grey sweatpants and hoodie - basically his pajamas - and she pushed past him into the apartment

"what the-what are you doing nini?" he questions

"you're busy huh?" she asks him, folding her arms in annoyance

"i am." he lies, nini instantly knowing

she shakes her head "you're lying to me. since when do you lie to me ricky?"

ricky scoffs "oh you're one to talk about lying-"

"me?!" she questions "when have i-"

"yesterday you told me you kissed me just because you were upset about lucas." he tells her "that was a lie wasn't it? or did i imagine you telling me you liked me at the party?

nini felt her heart start pounding against her ribcage and she opened her mouth

"i-wh-what does that matter?!"

"so, you did lie," he confirms "since when do you-"

"i'm not talking about this with you." she snaps, turning around