33. no tears left to cry

lucas had taken nini to sugarhouse to take some coffee for takes away and then to a 7/11 to get the bunch of comfort foods, and now they were in his car watching a few cartoons together

nini had no more tears left inside of her and she honestly felt a little better. she was still devastated and kept thinking back to what ricky had said, wondering if he actually meant it. he didn't have any remorse or regret in his eyes and that's what made her hurt even more.

she had turned her phone off for the time being because she didn't want to contact or talk about anything right now and lucas texted her friends about how she was safe.

"can i ask what happened?" he asks quietly as he saw the tired look on her face.

nini glances over at him and takes a deep breath "um...well-ricky and i got in a fight..."

lucas nods and sits up to properly face her as she starts fiddling with her fingers

"you're going to hate me." she mumbles

lucas shakes his head "i'm not. we're friends neens, you can tell me."

"at the party, i was drunk." nini whispers "and-it was stupid-i-i kissed him..."

lucas lets out a small breath and looks at her in slight surprise, thinking about how bad she must be feeling.

"and-then i tried to ask him if we could forget it but he was avoiding me and apparently i told him i liked him and that's when we argued..." she finishes, finally lifting her eyes to look at lucas "see? you hate me."

"no," he shakes his head "you feel bad about it, and it was just one kiss-its going to be okay-"

"he cheated on maya. how is that going to be okay?" she asks him, lucas frowning at the fact that she was right.

they stayed in silence for a few seconds before nini spoke up

"do-do you think i could sleep at yours? in a spare room?" she asks "i just-i don't want to see anyone..."

"sure," he says with a small smile as he starts the car and drives back to his apartment.

"i'm sorry for everything." she whispers

luca le glanced at her and gave her a nod, keeping the small smile on his face "i'm sorry too."