Chapter 49 (edited)

Chaos

That's the only word good enough to describe what the hell was happening in this forest at this exact moment. As soon as Mandalay broadcasted the permission to engage, the students began to fight; one could say for their lifes.

Meanwhile, away from the main fighting zone, a certain group was headed towards the others, one of them carrying a red headed girl that was slowly waking up after her fight with a Nomu.

Scarlet POV

''What the....?"

My eyes were slowly opening up. It didn't feel like I was out cold for a long time, but maybe that's because I spent that time talking with Skyler. I slowly focused my sight to see moving trees that were covered in a blue hue.

The movement of my body made me realise I was being carried by someone. So, I looked up.

''Jane?" I mumbled, my head still feeling kind off dizzy. I felt pain in my whole body, but it wasn't that bad anymore.

''Looks like you finally decided to wake up" She smiled, looking forward as she ran.

''Where are we running?" I rubbed my eyes, looking around, noticing my clothes, that had dark blood stains on them. God, why was everything spinning?

''To the others"

''Oh" I nodded, my eyes landed on a figure in familiar clothing. That's when the memories flooded back, giving me a headache.

''Toby!" I let out, catching the attention of the others.

The said boy turned to me saying 'hi' and waving. Masky and Hoodie turned too, seeing that I woke up.

''What are you doing here?" I smiled at the boy. The spinning finally subdued, as I now only felt the pain in my thorax. Fortunately, that was also getting better by the minute.

''Long story, the others *whistle*  will tell you later" He smiled back, looking forward. I nodded, the moment of silence being quite pleasant.

''How are the others back home?"

''Well *throat clear*, most of them miss you guys. *pop*  Slenders been trying to find you since the day you didn't *aa-a-a* come back" He answered.

''What about Sal?"

''She's been *whistle*  missing you the most probably. LJ is *ha!* *pop* trying to cheer her up by having tea pa-*a-aa*-rties you usually did together, but it's not working. She spends most of her time in *head jerk* her room cuddling her plushies" 

I sighed at those words. I didn't think it would get her this bad. So much so she doesn't even wanna play parties? Poor girl.

''Are you really crying? Hey, from the stuff Toby shared, you'll see her soon. We all will" Jane's voice sounded slightly strained.

Were we really, finally, gonna go home soon? We can only hope.

''I'm not-" I started, raising my hand to my cheek, feeling the tear-stained path from my eye to my chin. 

'Guess the information was a little too much for me'

'Let it out; you know you wanna'

'You crazy? Jeff wouldn't let me hear the end of it'

''You're one to talk, you're not any better" I chuckled, glancing at Jane, who clearly had tears brimming in her eyes. She could barely hold them in herself.