Chapter 28 (edited)

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
Random Fact #1: Scarlet's favourite band is 'Mother Mother', her favourite song being 'Oh Ana'
◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

After our break, me and Jane came back to the 1-A balcony, noticing that Bakugo and Shoto were gone, probably already getting ready in the tunnels. We sat down on our seats, waiting for the match to start. While waiting, I kinda spaced out, my eyes lazily watching Mina and Ochaco talking about some random stuff in the row in front of us. I don't really know what it was about, I wasn't interested in the topic.

 That's when Ochaco noticed me staring.

''Is there something wrong?'' She asked, tilting her head. I shook my head, averting my eyes somewhere else.

''...You know, I somehow never noticed that you have a scar on your cheek'' She added, inspecting the left side of my face. That sentence also grabbed attention of a certain male with sharp teeth, that looked at me before slightly touching the small scar above his right eye.

'I swear if she asks me where I got-'

''How did you get it?''

'Ya jinxed it'

Groaning quietly before sighing, I looked her in the eyes.

''An accident few years back'' I answered with a smile, hoping this would get me out of this annoying situation.

''What happened?'' Kirishima and Mina chimed in.

'Ever heard of minding your own business?!'

''An animal....attacked me. I was in the woods with Jeff on a...trip. We didn't see it coming and it jumped on me and scratched me. But it quickly got away. Not sure what it was...'' I explained, coming up with a semi-fake story. 

It's true that I was in the woods with Jeff when it happened and I remember it as clear as day. 

It was my first ever mission. 

Saying that made the male sitting above me groan from the memory. 

''Wait, you and.....Jeff? You don't look like the type of.....friends....that would go....on a...trip. Together, I mean'' Ochaco pointed out looking at us both.

''We had our reasons to go''

''I hated every second of it''

''Lying doesn't look good on you, Joker'' I stated making the girls laugh, Jane joining in.

'Ironic YOU are saying that'

''Just you wait for our match, Demon bitch. I'll beat your ass into a pulp'' He hissed, making me turn around.

''I don't think so, Joker-reject. I'll be the one standing victorious over your unconscious body'' I smirked as he glared daggers. 

The two girls were kinda confused about my choice of a nickname, seeing that he doesn't look anything like the said character, but guessed that it was a some sort of an inside joke.

Oh, if they knew.

---