Chapter 29 (edited)

And finally, the time has come to the match of the trio. While Mina was trying to come up with a plan, the other two had already something in mind.

Scarlet POV

Walking from the balcony with Jeff next to me, the silence was broken by the said male.

''I hate to say it, but we have to make a plan''

''Plan? For what? Did you forget that I am your opponent?'' I raised a brow at him.

''I didn't, I am not such a forgetful idiot, like you. But you are forgetting the other bitch in the match''

''Mina? A plan for her ? What, are you scared? Don't tell me you think she's capable of even hitting us''

''No. I want her out immediately. She'll be just in the way of me beating your fucking ass''

''Oh, that's rich coming from the one who's gonna lose. But to be fair, it'll be for her best. We'll be giving her a favour. She wouldn't last long in there without a fatal injury''

''We both know I'm gonna win this, demon bitch''

''I wanna see you try''

''Also, I want to set one rule'' Jeff grinned, waiting for my response.

''And that is?'' I questioned, catching my interest.

''No powers'' I raised a brow again.

''So no fire or Skyler? Are you scared I'll win too easily?'' I teased.

'To be fair, you probably would, his fire can't do shit to you'

''You wish. I wanna show these weaklings what raw power looks like while beating your face into a pulp''

I let the offer set in my mind, thinking about it.

''Alright. No powers'' I agreed. It could be fun to fight without any abilities.

Like back home when we trained.

''I'd call you a wimp if you didn't'' he chuckled.

''I figured''

As we talked, we came to the end of the hallway, where it only lead to the left and right; to the tunnels. Mina already walked before us here, so she was probably getting ready at the entrance to the arena.

With a quick look of agreement, we parted ways, me going to the right, him going to the left tunnel.

---

As I walked further, light from the entrance began to appear. And with it, a silhouette of a person became visible. It was the alien girl, stretching before the fight.

Her eyes darted towards me when she heard my footsteps, a big determined smile on her face.

'She's in a good mood'

'Something tells me not for long' The corner of my lips went up at that remark.

When I came near her, also stretching a little, she began to speak.

''Hey O'Rivers''

''Hm?''

''I noticed your rivalry with Woods, so I came up with an idea'' she smiled, but I could tell she was nervous about asking me whatever was on her mind.

''Idea? What kind?'' 

''We can take him down together! I'll help you in any way you can!'' she smiled widely.