🌧☁️ 𝙰 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛// 𝚁. 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚊

How much longer were you going to pretend? Pretend that Suna could ever be yours? You lay awake next to him, glancing at the clock that seemed to be mocking you. With each minute that ticked by, your thoughts raced with the painful realization that he would never love you the way you loved him.

When it started you were okay with the casual sex. But over time your feelings for him grew and much to your brains distaste you grew to love him. But the reality came crashing down on you when the facts were thrown into your face.

"Hey Rinnie, you could have any girl you want...why'd you choose me?"

"You're the only girl that isn't ran through, but that's not really important."

"Oh...alright I guess."

"I don't know what you expected. I told you this was no feelings attached. Let's just go to sleep."

However you couldn't just go to sleep because you had grown attached. Through the nights where the two of you would stay awake with your legs and fingers tangled together, telling stories and basking in the warmth of each other's embrace.

It was hard to fathom the thought that he didn't care because the way he held you- no the way he was holding you- made you feel like you were the one he wanted.

Maybe you had read into his stories, and jokes, and analogies too much, and became invested in a relationship that was bound to be one sided.

You slipped out of the bed, careful to not wake Suna knowing it would be harder to leave if he was awake. The clock flashed 4:56, a reminder that he'd only ever want you when it was past 12 AM or when he was high.

You slipped on your clothes and out of his dorm knowing you had to end it here before your heart could be broken any more.

After all you were just a good fuck to Suna.

——— ☆ • ♧ • ♠ • ♧ • ☆ ———

Suna was woken up soon after you left by an unfamiliar cold in the spot where you lay not even an hour ago. He was confused as to why you were gone because you'd always stay until he had to go to practice, and begged him to cuddle with you for a little longer.

The more he looked around the room, the more he realized that every trace of you was gone, the extra clothes you kept there had disappeared and all of his hoodies were hanging neatly in his closet.

He checked his phone for any notifications but the only one he saw shattered him.

Y/n 💕
I'm sorry Suna I can do this anymore.

The thought of you leaving him left him breathless as he processed what you'd said. You were leaving him. In that moment he'd questioned every moment the two of you had spent together to see what could have gone wrong. And when he realized what he'd said he regretted not thinking before he spoke.

"Fuck fuck fuck!" He was breathing heavily now as he rang your number. It went straight to voicemail. He tried again and again still with no answer.

Rintarou <3
Y/n please answer the phone.
We can talk about this
Please don't leave
Y/n?
Message not delivered!

Suna felt the tears stinging his eyes. How could he let you go so easily? You had filled the cracks within him that he couldn't fill himself.

You made him feel whole and now you were gone, and he didn't know if you were coming back.

——— ☆ • ♧ • ♠ • ♧ • ☆ ———

Weeks had passed and you ignored Suna as best you could. You avoided him in the halls, in class, and even at lunch. You couldn't stand to see him, let alone talk to him.

He never gave up though. Today you were sitting in class slightly zoned out thinking of what could have been and hurting your feelings even more.

While you were sitting in your self deprecating thoughts, and wallowing in your self pity, you saw the twins approach you.

"What's up guys?" You questioned throwing on a fake smile.

"Talk to Suna."

"Please." The twins begged.

"Why would I?" You asked confused.

"He's been a mess since whatever happened between you two ended. I've never seen him show so much emotion." Osamu said his eyebrows furrowing.

"He's just upset he has no one to release his sexual tension with anymore." You sighed.

"He said... he said he loved you." Atsumu said quietly. You froze.

"He what?" You whispered.

"Just give him a chance to explain. But he's telling the truth. I've never seen him so torn up before." Osamu sighed.

"Fine I guess I'll talk to him." You said quietly.

After class he was waiting outside the door for you. "Look y/n I know you don't want to see me or talk to me but please let me explain-"

"I'll listen to you. Just not here. Too many people. Come on." You grabbed his hand a pulled him to your dorm. Once you were there you sat on the couch facing him and he sat facing you. "Alright. Explain."

He sighed heavily. "I've never like someone the way I like you. I've never tried to avoid my feelings like that. I just didn't want to possibly mess things up. I talked to Atsumu and Osamu and told them about how I feel around you, and it wasn't until both of them literally hit me on the head that I realized that I was, no am in love with you. I love the way you smile, and the way you laugh at my stupid analogies and jokes. I love how warm you are when we cuddle and watch movies. I love the way your curls shrink when you let them air dry because you hate heat damage." You laughed at the last fact and he smiled at the sound.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I don't think before I speak, but I promise I never meant to hurt you like that ever. I would apologize a million times if it meant that I could try with you. I just need one chance to prove that I could be the boyfriend you deserve." His eyes pleaded with you and you felt your resolve cave.

"Alright Rin. We can...we can try this out." His whole face lit up, the despair that was once there replaced with happiness.

"Thank you so much y/n! I promise you won't regret it!" He pushed his lips onto yours kissing you softly before pulling away. "I love you. So fucking much." He said breathlessly.

"I love you too Rin."