🌧️ Hi // R. Suna

It's cold.

You hated the cold. It reminded you of the emptiness that overtook the apartment after Suna left you. Well You couldn't say that he left you. You weren't together, but he left a hole in the place where he once occupied your life.

You and Suna were... Complicated. He said that he liked you and you liked him too. But he "didn't do relationships". Or not one with you at least.

After another night spent in your bed a month ago, he looked at you and sighed.

"I don't know if we should keep doing this y/n"

"What do you mean?"

"I like someone else. I really like her. She's got something special."

"Oh."

What was so special about her? You have Suna all of you, even though he never gave any of it back. But maybe that was your fault for being to giving.

***

"Hello?" You answered your phone groggy, and eyes burning from the brightness of your phone.

"Y/n. Hi." You recognized the voice but you were surprised to hear it. You hadn't heard from Suna since that night.

"Rin- Suna? It's 2 in the morning. What are you doing up?"

"I was just thinking. Y/n listen I- fuck. Go on a walk with me?" You debated answering.

"I don't think that's the best idea-"

"Please. And if you don't care about what I have to say after tonight I'll leave you alone." You sighed.

"Okay."

***

It was cold.

But it felt warmer once you saw Suna's face. For the first time in a month you were looking into his eyes and still wondering why they looked so pretty. Even in the cold, when you could see his breath in the air, you felt warm.

"Hi." He said finally breaking eye contact deciding that the ground seemed more interesting.

"Hi." You rocked on the balls of your feet waiting for something, anything to break the silence.

"You ready?" He asked looking at you again.

"Mhmm."

The two of you began your walk, not saying anything. The tension hanging in the air was enough to make you uncomfortable.

"Listen y/n, I wanted to say I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

"I'm sorry. For leaving you the way I did."

"I mean if someone else made you happier then that's fine. I just want you to be happy."

"No. I wasn't happy. I thought that she would make me happy but... I just kept comparing her to you. You make tea just the way I like it, and you know my favorite foods. You have little conversations with me about which Dino nuggets taste better. And I traded that for someone who didn't care to know anything about me."

"Oh."

"And there goes that oh. Tell me what you're thinking. Please."

"Honestly? I'm really mad at you. And I'm hurt. You didn't even hesitate. Someone gave you 5% of them and suddenly they were enough. I gave you everything and I wasn't."

"No. Y/n you are enough. I was just too dumb to see it." He stopped walking to look at you.

"Suna-"

"Please let me try again. For real this time. Not just friends. I want to try with you."

"Suna please-" you tried to walk away but he grabbed your hand.

"Y/n please. I know you don't trust me right now. But please just give me a chance."

"How do I know you just aren't going to leave again when someone else comes along? I'm not a toy or temporary reassurance Suna." You pulled your hand away from him.

"Y/n-"

"Goodnight Suna. Stay safe. And please don't call me again."