Alone again 🌧️// W. Ushijima

Ever since your fiancé became a pro athlete, you've felt Very lonely. Of course you were proud and were happy for doing what he loved but what about you?

You woke up and the bed was cold, you went to sleep and he wasn't home, you ate dinner alone, and got stood up on dates.

It was all so lonely.

"Hey Toshi, could we talk?"

"Sure my love what's going on?" He replied, not looking away from the TV. Of course he was watching highlights of the season and writing down what he can improve. Even though it was off season, he was still hard at work.

"I feel like it's kind of stupid, but I really miss you and would appreciate it if we could spend more time together." You said rubbing your hands together nervously.

"Of course baby. Do you want to go out tomorrow?" Your eyes lit up.

"Y-yeah that sounds great!" You didn't expect him to be so understanding on the first try but you were happy to spend some quality time with him.

The next day you woke up, and the bed was cold. You assumed that toshi went to practice a bit before your date and didn't mind much. You had decided to get dressed up and wait for him to come home.

Once you were ready it was late afternoon. Toshi should have been home by now. You texted him and got no response.

Then an hour passed and still no response. Then another. And another. And still no response. Soon it was well into the night and you decided to just get unready and go to sleep.

Toshi said you'd go out, so why wasn't he home? Did he forget? Was he just trying to shut you up? Tears started to fall as you fell asleep.

Over the next few days Toshi had acted like nothing happened. Like he didn't forget your date. Like he hasn't forgotten you.

He didn't really realize that something was wrong until he reached out to hug you and you wouldn't hug him back. You never recoiled from his touch so what was this about?

"Y/n are you okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah I'm fine." You shrugged and walked off.

"No you're not. Please tell me what's wrong."

"There's no point. Have a good day at practice." You said blankly, retreating to your room. Your mind started to wander and all the possibilities chipped away at your heart. Maybe he was staying distant with you because he didn't love you anymore. Maybe he was cheating.

It just hurt that he won't just let you go.

When he came home that night, you were sitting on the couch waiting for him. He didn't notice the bag by the door or the tears on your face. He didn't notice that your engagement ring wasn't on.

"Wakatoshi." He whipped his head around. Since when had you called him by his full name?

"Yes?"

"I dont think we should get married." You say with your voice shaking.

"What?" Wakatoshi was frozen. What on earth did you mean?

"I don't think we-"

"No I heard that but w- why?"

"Wakatoshi be honest when's the last time we spent time together? The last time I actually went to bed knowing you were there? The last time you didn't forget a date? When's the last time you didn't forget me?"

He looked down his face hard, like he was thinking of what to say. "It's okay if you don't love me anymore. I just wish you'd say it so leaving doesn't hurt."

Wakatoshi's mind was racing. Leaving? To where? Forever? He knew he was fucking up the more he stood there but he was stuck.

You put the ring in his hand and smiled softly as the tears ran down your cheeks. You grabbed your bags as he just stood in the living room staring at you.

"Good bye Toshi."

"Please don't." He whispered. So quietly you could barely hear it.

"You can't even fight for me. I'm just a ghost to you now."

And with that the door closed and wakatoshi's heart shattered. The only girl he's ever loved, ever wanted to have a family with, was gone.
And it was all his fault.

*********

A/n: part 2??? I kinda want Toshi to have happy ending but this was getting too long lol. Anyways, see yall when I randomly post again lol.