CHAPTER 022

VIVAAN.

But this isn't her fault. It's mine. If I wouldn't cheat thrice at them. They must have believed me in one go.

But desperation is blindfold for the brain.

I ran out of the room as I started to reach the stairs and got down at the whole speed from the stairs. I witness Daadi on the couch.

I hurried towards her as I shouted at her too. But I chose to preserve my anger.

"I thought you wanted me to marry," I asked Daadi as I reached her while she peeked at the book she was reading. "How can you do that to her?" I asked her, she looked at me.

"Kiya is coming. Apologize to her for what you said about her," she said out of point as I remembered what she was meaning.

"So you did show her that. Since you are dodging my question you did it. " I said too sticking to my side.

"I wanted to check her nerve!" she finally answered my question as I scoffed.

"Check her nerves? Daadi she is already taking all of your insults. Ever since she met you guys everyone keeps insulting her. " I said to her as she looked at me with raging eyes.

"We did it for her "

"How in the hell is this for her? " I asked her in her lame response as she stood too.

"Do you think we are the only one who is going to say these things to her? Come to your senses Vivaan," she said to me and I looked at her with my hands on my waist I wasn't understanding where she was going.
"Once she will get married to you. Every single person is going to say her these things. Because no matter how nice or good she is she will be seen as a gold digger. If she is going to give up on only ten people calling her these how is she going to tolerate the entire nation? And not just the words. Do you understand how is this going to affect your reputation? Your brothers and their wives would get a good chance to keep taunting you forever. " she explained as somehow her words started to make sense.

"But still you shouldn't have gone to her house. " I said to her. Yes, she was making sense. But going home went too far.

"She has such a sick family. Are you going to take responsibility for them too? Have you considered if she will look after you or her parents? Looking at her condition she won't be able to leave her house until her father is alive. Are you going to stay at hers then? And what about kids? How come she can have one when she has a blind brother to raise." she proclaimed as I looked at the hopeless questions. But then I saw Mom coming downstairs.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna tolerate those sick people. You know how much I hate sick people. Looking at them makes me ill. So I have my ways
I won't let her disabled family bother me!" I said trying to sound more like me. So that I can assure them.

"Oh, you came, " my mom said as she reached the ground and walked towards the couch. Kiya.

Did she have to come now?

I looked behind me as I -

Heer.

Did she hear me?

Did she hear everything I said? Looking at how she wasn't looking tough. Her shoulders shrunken. She was tired and dull. Looking at her I wanted to feel joy right now. But that was looking impossible in this situation.

Did I hurt her?

She met my eyes but she took them away instantly. She did hear me.

Wait. Daadi could see she was behind me. She did it on purpose. She said that so that I will respond like this and she will hear it.

"Heer? " I murmured as I started to walk towards her as I grabbed her by her arms and hugged her. "Please don't believe anything you heard me say," I murmured as I clasped her tightly. Her warmth. I have never embraced her like this before. But it was feeling like I was craving it. It feels as if someone has fed someone very hungry.

I clutched her more and more tightly as she freed her by getting out of my grip. Throwing me aback a little.

"Heer," she walked towards my mom as she greeted her bowing.

"You called me Mrs. Mannan?" she said I looked at Mom and went towards her.

"Why did you call her now?" I asked her she kept looking at Heer. And then she asked for her secretary as she came with a small suitcase. She opened it as she kept it on the table.

"Here. Take these and leave my son," she said as I looked at her action and got crazy right now.

"Mom!?" I yelled but she was still looking at her. Who was not even looking at them or the money. She was staring at the couch in front of her.

"It might not be how much my son has promised you but I think this is good enough for the work you have done so far," she taunted and I waited for her response.  Not that my yelling would stop her. "I heard your father was in ICU because of a heart attack after I left and you don't have money to pay the bills. And he went there because of me." She said as she kept another suitcase. While I looked at her.

Her father is in ICU is this why she disappeared?

I looked at her as now she crossed her arms too. And looked at my mom.

"What if I would have lost him? This money would have compensated for me being an orphan?" she said as I kept looking at her.

"Wouldn't it have been better? It is already burdensome-"

"Enough Mrs. Mannan. I get it that you guys have money and you think someone's life isn't superior to these sheets of paper. But you have no idea how this stupid little act of yours has made a disaster in my life. "

"What would it do? You should be regretting that you save him. Or else you would have one less sick person to look after. "

"I don't think he is sick. I THINK YOU ARE SICK " Heer yelled as Daadi and I yelled at Heer at the same time.

"You are crossing the line, Heer," I said to her as she looked at me.

"Am I? Now to know Vivaan how it feels to taste your own medicine. I insulted her once and it's hurting you. What about me? I have been feeling this same humiliation ever since I met you." she said as I looked at her.

"Your father isn't A Manann. He isn't the Queen of MShines. My mom is." I said to her passing her my coldest glare which say to stop there but then I changed them to soft eyes.
"And you should have told me that your dad is in ICU. "

"Don't show your fake concern. Just a minute ago you were saying you get ill by only seeing a sick person. So stop your little act. And if you hate sick people hate me too because I too am sick. Sick of your family. Sick of you and sick of all the insults. So just hate me too." She said as she started to walk away this time without greeting Daadi. As Kiya was entering. And Kiya intentionally pushed Heer and she fell to the ground.

"Good to know that to you in know your place," Kiya said to her as she pulled Kiya's leg and Kiya too fell on the ground.

While Daadi and Mom started to walk toward her.

"I guess we both are on the same level now. " Heer said as I couldn't retrain myself from laughing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys did you miss Heer in the previous chapter??