CHAPTER 024

VIVAAN.

"Be grateful that I threw money on your face. Not my shoes." My grip got tighter on her. How can a woman like her throw money on my face? As my hands turned tighter I suddenly realized there was a foot on my shoes and it was her heels.

It was on the edge of my shoes as I realized that she was now pressuring in under my shoes. And with her pressure, I increased mine. While we both threw daggers with each other's eyes.

She crossed her line today. I get it she is tough but she should know where she should stop.

And lastly, my feet got numb as now her heels were making a hole in it.

But I left her as she got back. "What is the problem I just paid the bill. For what my mom caused. " I yelled at her.

"That was not your problem it was mine. Now you know what your mom would be thinking. 'Ahh I was right she is behind his money' And what you did just proved that I took money from you. Doesn't matter where and why. I took money from you. Will be only thing seen!"

"So what's wrong with it? " I asked her not getting any point she was pointing. Because for me everything seems pointless.

"Wrong?" she asked astonished at my question. "I became an official gold digger. "

"That's true, " I said to her keeping Daadi's words in mine. She needs to accept it so that she won't be bothered later.

But she was shocked. Her eyes widen as she looked at me. She was smirking while her eyes were teary.

"Don't put this dramatic act okay? Why are you fighting in the first place? Is it not true in any way? You did ask me something about what you are doing. Isn't this what gold diggers do? You too are doing the same thing. You gotta accept this." As soon as my words ended a slap landed on my cheeks. As I lost myself.

I pushed her as she smacked at the wall behind her. And then I grabbed her hair as she yelped in pain. Her eyes were teary but her face had no regret for what she did.

I threw her down as she was now at my feet. I squatted at her level again as once again I grabbed her hair this time her eyes were not teary.

"Apologize," I said to her as she didn't move. But then she pushed me as I too sat on the ground with her while I was trying to stand again a punch landed near my eyes. And I again lay on the ground. And then she stood and kicked me at the side on my stomach with her feet. And while I was trying to straighten my visions her heels landed on my face. As they hit my face hard.

"You crossed every edge today. " She said. "I don't care if anyone dies anymore forget about everything. Marrying?" she said as she scoffed "I won't even waste my emotions on despising someone as worthless as you." she said while my visions finally came back I threw her heels away from my face and saw that she opened the door and left.

~

I entered the farmhouse and saw Daadu in the open-ceiling living room. Grooming his plants. He saw me as he smiled.

"Where is my daughter-in-law? " he asked the first thing as soon as he saw me. "Oh, my god? What happened to your eyes? " he said as he kept his things down and walked towards me.

"Your daughter-in-law did it," I said to her as he looked at me with hatred too.

"You got hit by a girl? " he asked me as I pivoted to walk towards the other living room.

"I gave her bigger bruises," I said while walking as suddenly a punch landed on my back and I swayed with its pressure. "Daaduuu"

"You whack a girl?" he asked me with furiousness as I looked at him.

"Don't you see what she has done to your son?" I asked him making him see my eyes.

"I have my full trust... that you must have done something," he said with a pause as I looked at him.

"She was the first person who raised her hands. "

"What did you do to make her raise her hands? "

"Daadu my eyes are aching. Please dress it." I asked him because I didn't want to answer his questions.  No, because I did something wrong somewhere but I don't want to concern him.

"I asked you what did you do? " but he kept sticking at his points. As I threw the jacket in my hands and sat at the threshold of the door that takes to another living room.

"For these last month, her dad was in ICU because mom did something. So I just paid the bill. " I said to him as I waited for his reply.

"Is she not another contract girlfriend of yours? " he asked randomly as I looked at him.

"What does it have to do with this? And no she is not " I said to him lying.

"Then you did wrong. "

"How in the hell?"

"Everyone is already accusing her of taking money from you. And you proved it right,"  he said as I realized.

"That's what she said, " I told him as he walked towards me and sat beside me groaning a little.

"And what did you say? " he asked me as I looked at him.

"That what they say is true" As soon as I said it he sighed and hit me again.

"How will she love you when the person she is supposed to trust says the same thing."

"Daadu she threw money on my face," I said trying to make him my side.

"Who used fist first? " he asked me as I remembered.

I grabbed her first and bruised her arms first. I smacked her first and I grabbed her hair first.

"Your silence says it all. And here you are shamelessly blaming her instead of realizing your own mistake," he said as he stood again and looked down at me. "Look what I hear she really is not behind your money or she would have accepted it happily. And not to forget the mistake was always to begin from our own house," he said making me realize that she was enduring more than I imagine.

~