1. new york

ivory<3

ivory<3

I came back to New York two days ago, my brother and father stayed in Rosemont for more business they were sad to see me leave but I had to get back to New York. I start Hollis in two days but I have to say I'm not in the least concerned.

I moved into an apartment off-campus as my father and brother's suggested it would be great for me. My father bought it even after all my complaints about it.

"come along miss Douglas," the man smiled and looked down at the iPad in his hand, leading me towards the elevators.

"I'm peter Peterson I'm the manager," he held out his hand, and I shook it.

"Nice to meet you," I replied.

I looked around at the lobby of the new apartment building, The Prescott, we walked into the elevator. it was one of the twenty-six-story skyscrapers on the upper east side.

the whole building itself was ethereal it was entirely black with silver on the exterior and the interior was just perfect. I wasn't half as shocked to say I was living here, once I told my father I wanted to move this was the first place he suggested.

"Your father wanted you on the penthouse floor so you are on the twentieth floor," he explained pushing the button.

"I believe you will like it your father tells me you like your space," he said and I nodded wiping my sweaty hands over my skirt.

I do like my space I'm an architect I always worry about my space. When I was in Boston uni I was studying to be an architect and well an interior designer and I'm continuing it at Hollis deeply because of my mother I'm just following her wishes and make the bitch happy. I started to do it for her but now I deeply love it.

I narrow my eyes to see there were only twenty floors but there are twenty-five floors in all of the building

"Why are there only twenty buttons," I asked him

"the other five floors are houses for the main residences they like to have their own space as well miss. Douglas," he nodded

"I understand," I said looking forward.

"but your father requires you have the whole penthouse floor to yourself as you see there are only three rooms on your floor and another guest and yourself reside in them," he stated as the elevator doors opened.

In the apartment next to mine, my friend Lydia lives next door. she has been my friend forever so she always by my side. Although I keep her around so I won't feel left out.

stepping out of the elevators I looked right to left down the narrow hallways white marble floor and the walls a nice gray matching the marble in the floor. he turns right and taking me to an apartment door, I looked down the hall seeing at there are two other doors just like he said.