Sick Aoi

The autumn breeze ruffled the boy's white hair. He looked up at the cool, dim colored sky. 'I wonder when Valt will feel better..' he thought, his best friend had come down with a bad cold, it's been four days since he's seen the enthusiastic boy. 

 Flash back

    "We went to go check on him," Besu said, "Yeah, a friendly visit," said Keru. "His mom said that he doesn't get sick too often, but every time he does, it's pretty bad," Keru continued.

 Flash back ends

     'Maybe I should bring some soup..?' he thought. He was just about to leave, when a familiar voice said something, "What are you still doing here?" Shu turned to see Daigo. "Oh, hey Daigo." Another breeze blew softly on the boys, "Don't you have a unit test to study for like everyone else?" Daigo said with a friendly smile. "I just came here to think, take a break from studying," Shu responded, "And what about you?" he continued with a hint of a friendly tease. "Taking a break too," Daigo said while walking over to the stadium next to Shu. "Wanna battle?" Daigo challenged, "Sure," Shu accepted. 

 An hour later

     Shu was walking home, he had decided he was going to make something for Valt and check up on him. He opened the door to his apartment and went straight to start making the soup. The empty apartment would soon be filled with the aroma of the special soup.

     Shu placed the soup in a container, then placed that in a bag. He looked at the time, "7:00" he breathed. He walked out the door and started to make his way to Valt's house. It was a quiet day, only a few people were around. Shu enjoyed these quiet days, he always found them randomly, and the feeling never got old. He took a deep breath in, and let it out slowly in satisfaction. 'Valt jumped into a handful of these times I had, direct or indirect' he let his expression give away his amusement.

.

 .

    Shu knocked on the door. The door opened shortly after and Shu was greeted to Chiharu's surprised face, "Shu!..What are you doing here?" she asked.