Cleaning up

Shu ate the rest of his cake calmly. He was listening in quietly to the conversation everyone was having with Kento. Valt listened in, intrigued with his eyes glittering with happiness. Shu was the last one eating still, besides Kento, though Kento was almost done. It wasn't that he was a slow eater, rather that, everyone's excitement and attention to Kento's story made them eat faster.

Not that Shu wasn't excited or anything, he found this a delightful surprise, but naturally, he was calmer than everyone here. He swallowed his last mouthful of cake and then got up. He had finished at the same time Kento finished. The albino went over and started collecting the empty plates as the group of friends had their attention fixed on the blue haired father. He left to the kitchen and placed the plates gently into the sink, before grabbing a dish sponge and placing a squeeze of soap onto it.

He began to wash the plates, letting his mind wander. 'That was close when we were baking the cake..I'm glad I didn't really blush or anything..' he let out a small exhale through his nose. 'What am I going to do with this? I..don't know if I can tell Valt..what will he think? Will he get uncomfortable around me if he doesn't feel the same? Will I just ruin the bond I have with my childhood best friend?' He sighed and placed the clean dish in the upper cabinet. He continued to focus on the thoughts that suffused his mind, when he felt a gentle tug on his sleeve that brought him back to reality.

Shu looked over and saw the bluenette looking up at him with the amber eyes the albino found so cute. "Shuu," The bluenette said, "What's wrong? You seemed lost in thought, but you had a not happy face," He continued. "Like this," Valt then proceeded to give a cute little conflicted pout with his eyebrows furrowed. Shu smiled a little bit at Valt's little pout, he sighed silently and shook his head as he began to wash the dishes again, "Nothing, I was just thinking." He said. "Oh, ok," Valt said.

He then saw Valt in the corner of his eye take off his gloves and place them aside. Curious, Shu looked over. The bluenette then reached over to grab a dirty dish, he scooted closer to the albino with a happy smile, their arms now touching. Shu felt the soft skin of the bluenette on his arm, 'He's..too close!' He thought, then bit his lip. He already felt his cheeks threaten to start burning, but he just looked towards the dish he was cleaning and began to wash it again. 'I'll just..focus on this, I can do that,' he thought with furrowed eyebrows.
.

.

.

.
Shu froze. The bluenette's hand was grabbing his. They both had reached out to grab the last plate.. "Oh- Sorry!" The bluenette said with a chuckle, though he still didn't let go of the albino's hand. "Guess we both reached for the next plate," he said, then finally lifted his hand, but Shu grabbed Valt's hand before the bluenette could move his hand away. The amber eyes looked up at him. Shu stared at him, 'W..why'd I do that....?' He thought, before feeling his cheeks start to warm. He also felt, however, a sweet feeling in his chest, holding the soft hand of his crush in his own.

He let go of Valt's hand and turned back to the dish quickly, taking it and cleaning it a bit harshly. "Sorry.." He said. "Oh..? That's ok," the bluenette said, sounding confused. Shu hoped his cheeks that were growing in warmth weren't showing too much of a tint.. "I like holding your hand too!" Valt giggled, "Just like when we used to walk to class together when we were little," Valt continued. Shu put the last clean dish away and then started to walk away a bit quickly, retreating, "I have to use the restroom," he said as he left and headed to the stairs. He felt the urgent need to escape before his cheeks got anymore red and Valt started to suspect anything. He walked up the stairs and went to the bathroom.

He opened the door quickly and went inside, locking the door after he flicked on the lights. He approached the sink and took a deep breath, before looking up at the mirror. He checked his red tinted cheeks and saw that they weren't..too bad. He hoped they'd gotten more red after he retreated, because that'd mean they were less visible while he was washing the last dish. He sighed and placed his hands to his cheeks, "What am I going to do?" He said as he bit his lip. Though, he remembered that..feeling. The sweet feeling he felt while holding Valt's hand that warmed his chest. He dwelled on the memory of that feeling and felt it swirl up inside of him from memory.