Operation Binge-Study!

Shu opened his eyes. He sat up and looked at the time, 9:00 it always felt nice to sleep in on the weekend. He stretched before getting out of bed. He started making a mental agenda for his day as he washed up and put on some normal clothes. He was brushing his hair, when he remembered that Rantaro was going to help Valt today. He put his brush down. He paused.

.

.

.

.

Rantaro was fixing his hair, "Man, had to wake up early to help Valt..he owes me!" he complained. He threw on his coat and put a lolipop in his mouth. He checked the time, "10:00....knowing Valt he'll still be passed out," he groaned. He grabbed his notebooks and headed into the kitchen. Just before he could open the fridge, he heard the phone ring in the living room.

"Wonder who that could be?" he questioned, he walked over and picked up the phone. "Hello?" he said, "Hey, it's Shu, uh, don't eat any breakfast yet, i'm gonna bring you guys something," Shu said. "Oh sweet!- Wait, so you're coming to help with the studying?" Rantaro asked surprised. "I didn't say that.." Shu answered. Rantaro chuckled, "Come on Shu, why else would you bring us some food if you weren't planning to also help out?" he said. He heard Shu give a small, defeated sigh, "Alright, you caught me," Shu admitted. Rantaro let out a small giggle, "Alright! See you there!" Rantaro said then hung up.

Rantaro then left his place. He looked around as he walked. "What a nice day," he smiled warmly, he saw people relaxing and hanging out with their friends. Everyone seemed to be having a good day.

.

.

.

.

Rantaro knocked on the door. The door soon opened and he was welcomed by Chiharu, "Oh, Rantaro," she smiled, "What are you doing here?" she asked. Rantaro gestured the notebooks up, "Here to help Valt study for his test," he answered. "That's very sweet-" Chiharu said, but was interrupted by the twins, "Hey Honcho!" they both chimed. "Valt's sleeping in his room," Nika said, "Yep, completely passed out," Toko confirmed.

"Not for long he's not," Rantaro said with a determined smile. "We'll go wake him up!" the twins chuckled mischievously, then raced upstairs. "Be careful, he's still sick!" Chiharu called, then let out a little laugh. "Well come in," Chiharu said to Rantaro. He entered the house, then heard Valt let out a holler, "Ackk! Toko, Nika!" Rantaro let out a small laugh, then cupped his hands around his mouth, "Yo Valt! i'm coming up!"

"Rantaro!?" he heard Valt say in surprise. Shortly after, he heard quick steps and Valt appeared at the top of the stairs. Rantaro waved, "Sup, someone call for a study buddy?" he said. "What? Can't we have a few battles first?" Valt complained. Chiharu stepped in, "Not at all, you need to study for the test." Valt let out a defeated whine. Rantaro made his way up the stairs and to Valt's room, Toko and Nika were leaving, "Good luck," Toko said to Valt.

Valt simply gave a pouty face. Valt sat criss-cross on his bed, "What's the test on again?" he asked. "What!? H-how do you not even know that!" Rantaro shouted, "It's you're science unit test- this Tuesday!" he continued. "Oh....right," Valt responded while pointing at his chin and looking up. Rantaro face palmed, 'I've got my work cut out for me' he thought.

.

.

.

.

They'd been studying for twenty minutes, Valt did have trouble staying focused for the first ten minutes, but Rantaro had put together a study "strategy" designed for Valt and now he was doing well. In the middle of Rantaro asking a question, someone knocked on Valt's door, then it opened.

(Author's Note: If you didn't read the last note, there's one on the chapter before this!)