A Nightmare

Shu quietly ate his beybread while listening to Rantaro talk. "I was like dude, why not!" Rantaro said, Shu gave a small amused laugh. "You know what Wakiya is like.." Shu commented at last. "Yeah..Hoji told me about him, he said he's not good at interacting with people properly because he was spoiled by his nannies all his life..I mean.. I guess that makes sense!-" Rantaro angrily bit his bread, "But that guy still gets-on-my-nerves!" he hollored.     

Shu gave an amused smile and finished eating his bread. He looked at the time.. it's been 30 minutes since they left Valt alone.  Suddenly, they heard a loud thump from upstairs, Rantaro looked up, "What was that?" he said, Shu remembered when Valt fell from his bed the last time he came, but..why was the thump so loud?     

They both looked at each other, then got up to go see what it was. They opened the door to see Valt somehow hugging a chair on the floor. Shu heard Rantaro scoff besides him, "Valt!" they both went over to him. Shu then noticed Valt's strong grip on the chair, 'Is he having a nightmare?' Shu thought, a bit of worry shot through him. "Valt?" Shu shook him gently, but Valt jerked away from him.     

"Yo Valt, you havin' a nightmare?" Rantaro said going over to shake Valt too, "L-lui!....s-stop.." Valt groaned, Shu stiffened, 'He's dreaming about Lui..' he suddenly felt his anger rising, 'I won't let him hurt you, not even in dreams.' He shook Valt harder, "Valt! Wake up," Shu demanded, he saw Rantaro look at him suddenly in the corner of his vision. He turned his head slightly away in shyness.     

Valt suddenly opened his eyes, "Huh-what?" Valt said half awake, "Where..what's going..?" Valt rubbed his eyes. "Afternoon sleepy head! You were having a nightmare," Rantaro said while patting Valt a bit harshly on the head. "What were you dreaming about?" Shu asked curiously. Valt looked at him blankly, "Huh.." he closed his eyes and looked down, trying to think. "Uh oh, don't think too hard- you know what happens everytime!" Rantaro hollored.     

"Ah-! Right! Ah..right.." Valt said, looking like he finally remembered. "Well..er, it was just something that happened..a memory instead of a dream," Valt explained to them. Shu stiffened again, "A memory?" Shu said, 'About what? With Lui?' he thought. Valt nodded, "Yeah, it was something that happened at the Nationals, it was kinda weird and it freaked me out a bit," he said, "Lui had came at me with his hands, but I caught him with my hands," Valt started imitating the scene with the air, "And he started pushing really hard, but I did too!" He exclaimed with determination. 

"That psyco jerk!" Rantaro yelled, "And you didn't tell us this why?" Rantaro continued, but Shu answered him instead with a sigh, "What would that have done, you know he would've just walked away," Shu had a cold tone. "Well it just didn't seem that important?" Valt said with his eyebrows furrowed a bit. Shu gave another sigh, Lui just always made him feel this way, but when it came to Valt..it felt..different. He was taken from his thoughts as Rantaro got up. "Yeah well the past in the past I guess," Rantaro said while folding his arms. Valt shot up enthusiastically, he was about to speak, but suddenly stumbled, "Woah! Hey," Shu quickly stood and caught him. "I got up too faaaast," Valt groaned.     

Shu exhaled at this, 'Typical Valt.'