Soup?

Valt's eyes slowly opened. He had a mini headache and his nose burned. "Uughhhh....." he groaned, he whined as he turned sideways. He looked over, expecting just to see Valtryek laying on his desk, "Huh?" he noticed there was also a white bag on his desk. "When did that get there?" he said to himself. He dragged himself out of bed and walked over to see what it was, he opened the bag and found a container, he opened that to find soup. The aroma hit his stuffed nose, with what little he could smell, he started to drool.

    His stomach growled, and suddenly, he realized he was famished. "Ughh, man, when was the last time I ate?" he whined as he picked up his soup and went down stairs so he could heat it up. He was welcomed by his mom, "Oh, hey, haven't seen you come out of that room in forever," she commented. "You've never made this for me before!" Valt exclaimed with a smile as he held out his container. "Huh? Oh! I didn't make that, Shu came over last night, i'm guessing you weren't in the mood to eat still," she gave a sympathetic smile. "Huh? Shu came?" he said in surprise, "I don't remember that at all!" he continued.

    "Well, you haven't really been 'here' these past couple of days," she explained. "Oh.." he walked over and put his container in the microwave and started heating it up. He leaned back on a counter while he waited, "I wonder what i'm missing.."

  .

.

  .

.

    "Aw man! Not again!" Rantaro exclaimed with his hands to his head. Daigo had a pleased smile on his face as he picked up his bey from the stadium. "Of course, I walk in to you losing," Wakiya sneered at Rantaro. "Nobody asked you Goldilocks!" Rantaro retorted. Before Wakiya could make another comment, Shu walked into the scene, in which Ken quickly came to welcome him to try to interrupt the quarrel that was going on. Shu gave a small nod, "You were right, about Valt, I went to check on him and he's doing pretty bad.." he said.

    "How'd he even get himself sick, honestly," Wakiya remarked. "He's missing out on training and studying," he breathed out in disappointment. Rantaro stepped in "News flash dude, not everyone intentionally gets sick!" Daigo broke in before Wakiya could snap back at Rantaro, "How bad?" he asked.

    "Well, he didn't recognize who I was, or what was going on," Shu answered. "Sounds pretty bad, just like Chiharu said," Keru confirmed. Shu nodded, Rantaro suddenly slammed his fan's tip on the floor, "Alright then! Time for his best pal to put Operation Binge-Study into action!.. over the weekend of course- The test is Tuesday and he lost a lot of studying time!" Wakiya came in to make a comment, "Have fun doing that, something tells me he's not the focused type." Rantaro gave an annoyed groan. "I'd go over to help too, but me and Ken already promised Ryota we'd hang out tomorrow," Daigo said.

    "What about you, Shu? " Rantaro said while looking over at him. "You've known Valt longer than all of us, " he continued. Shu thought for a brief moment, "..Nah," he decided. "Aw!" Rantaro groaned, "Guess I'll have to help him all by myself then, knowing Wakiya most definitely will say no," he pointed over to Wakiya with his thumb. "Obviously I've got more important things to do than babysit you two," Wakiya said while putting his hands on his hips. "B-babysit!?" Rantaro yelled, Wakiya simply folded his arms and turned his head to the side. Shu gave a small, amused smile. 'You're lucky to have a friend like Rantaro, Valt'

(Author's Note: BONK- I changed it from final to unit test, because.. no one takes a final in the beginning of fall- (n-not that I know of at least-) so for those who have already read the first chapters before I edited them, just know that's why they now talk about the unit test and not the final)