Red Icing

Shu glanced over at Valt who was completely focused on his little blue acorn he was forming with icing on the cake. He felt his lips give way to a small, amused smile. He had been adding little red leaves as Valt had suggested. He was on one side of the cake, while Valt was on the opposite, and he felt anxious as Valt's progress was nearing more and more to where he was. He feared that if Valt were to get too close, he'd blush..He glanced back at Toko and Rantaro who were talking about a game, before looking back to the cake. He let out a silent sigh, before scooting over a bit, reluctantly, so he could add another leaf or two to this next little part of the cake. He leaned closer as he started to add the shape.

He filled in his outline, and then looked over to another empty spot and added another leaf the same way. He scooted over again a bit, then proceeded to add more leaves, focusing on his task. He then scooted over, but bumped into something, which made him look over. He found the bluenette looking at him. "Oh! Sorry, I didn't see ya there, haha," the bluenette apologized as he straightened up and scratched the back of his head with a smile as his eyebrows furrowed up a bit. "Oh- I was so focused I didn't notice you either," Shu said. He then looked to the empty section of the cake and gulped silently as he realized, 'Shoot..we're both at the same spot,' he thought.

He saw as Valt leaned forward to start adding the blue acorns. The albino bit his lip gently, then let out a silent breath. He leaned forward and started to add the red leaves, he glanced over at the happy, focused bluenette. He tried to focus himself, so he could just finish his part and retreat by taking a step back. He continued to add the leaves as he saw Valt adding the acorns.
The two boys finished at the same time and so they both moved back to admire their work. "Ah! Done!" Valt chimed happily. Valt nudged Shu playfully, "We made it look pretty good, dontcha think?" The bluenette said with a wink at the albino. Shu gave a small nod as he awkwardly scooted a small step away from Valt. "Nice!" Toko chimed as him and Rantaro went over to look at the decoration.
.
.
Valt felt a bit confused, 'Why does he seem a bit off?' He thought with a little frown. "It looks good guys," Nika chimed as she came over, a little bounce in her step. "I'm almost finished with the cookies," Nika said to her big brother. Valt smiled, "Nice! It'll be nice to decorate some of the top with them, and then use the rest to put around," Valt suggested. Nika giggled and gave a nod, "Sure," she agreed. "Maybe we can add a big flower in the middle? And then put a cookie in the middle of the flower and around it too?" Rantaro suggested.

"That sounds good," Shu agreed with a nod. "Yeah," Valt agreed happily, "I think I know how to make one, I've seen mom do it a few times before," Valt said. "I think since the decoration is red and blue, we should do a red and blue flower," Valt said, then turned to Shu. "So, can you help me? I'll teach you how to do it if you don't know," the bluenette said with a little smile.
.
.
Shu looked down at the bluenette who was giving him a little, cute smile. He felt his cheeks start to burn lightly, so he gave a quick response to distract his feelings, "Sure." He then almost immediately realized it probably would've been better if he had given the task of helping Valt to Toko.."Sweet!" Valt chimed happily. "Alright, we'll leave ya both to it," Rantaro said. The blonde and cyan haired boy then moved back to their before spot and continued to talk about another subject.
"Alright, just follow what I do!" Valt chimed.

(A/N: Aa sorry this one took a while!! I had a chaotic week last week aa ;;w;;"