Aoi Residence

Shu gestured the bag up, "I made some soup for Valt.. he hasn't eaten yet, has he?" he asked. Valt's mom shook her head with a smile, "I was just about to cook, looks like you made it just in time, here, come on in," she welcomed. "Thank you," Shu said. Chiharu closed the door behind him, "You can go up to his room, i'll be here making dinner for Toko and Nika," she said while walking to the kitchen. "Alright," Shu nodded.

Shu knocked on the door to Valt's room, "Valt, it's Shu," he said. There was silence. Shu was about to speak again, but was interrupted by a groan. "Moooom..not noww.." Valt said drowsily. Shu opened the door to see Valt laying horizontally on his bed, his head was hanging off the bed, his face facing the floor. Shu gave an awkward smile with a sweat drop, "Hey Valt," Shu said again. The only response he got was another groan. Shu walked over and squatted close to Valt, he tilted his head.

'Ken wasn't lying, he's not even fully aware of anything' Shu thought. "I guess i'll just leave this here then," Shu said to himself as he placed the bag on Valt's desk. He went back over to Valt, "Get well soon Valt," he said then turned to walk away. Suddenly, Shu felt Valt grab his hand, Shu turned in surprise. Valt mumbled something inaudiable to Shu. Valt said something again, but louder this time, "Shuuuu?" he groaned, "What are you doing with Valtryekkkk..errrr give em baaaack.." he went on. Shu gave an amused smile with a sweat drop, "What are you talking about?" Shu said. Valt then pulled Shu's hand close to his face and pulled his head back onto the bed, cuddling with the hand. "Hey!" Shu protested.

'His face is sweaty..' Shu thought. Valt had fallen back to sleep, so Shu slowly took his hand away. 'I'll go get him a wet cloth..' he thought as he quietly exited the room. He walked down stairs and went to the kitchen. "Hey.. um.. do you have any cloths? I figured i'd give one to Valt," he asked Chiharu. "Oh sure, check in the bathroom, you'll find some when you open the mirror," she replied. Shu went off again in search for a cloth. He opened the door to the restroom and turned on the light, it was a tiny, nice restroom. He opened the mirror like Chiharu had said, and finally found what he was looking for, a stack of little towels.

He wet the towel and started to make his way back to Valt's room. As he was walking, a thump sounded. He quickly walked over to Valt's room and opened the door. He found Valt on the floor, still sleeping. "Ah!- Valt.." Shu said, then walked over. He stared at Valt for a brief moment then exhaled. He bent down and picked up Valt, then placed him back on the bed. 'How does sleeping even become a hazard to you' he thought. He took the wet towel off his shoulder, he felt a slight discomfort there at how it left his clothes wet.

He looked at Valt's sleeping face, his nose was red and his cheeks were pink. He moved Valt's bangs up, they were wet with warm sweat, then he placed the cloth on Valt's head. He placed Valt's bangs comfortably back, over the cloth. "Rest up, Valt," he said. He left the room and started making his way down stairs. "Toko, Nika! Dinner is ready!" he heard Chiharu call, "Coming!" both of the twins responded from their rooms. He walked over to Chiharu, "I'm going to leave now," he told her, "Oh? Hm, why don't you stay for dinner?" she said with a warm smile.

"Oh, no that's quite alright, i've got some studying to get back to for a test," he declined. "Oh, right! I forgot about that.." Chiharu said, "Valt's gonna be studying real hard when he recovers, he's missing out on a lot of it because he's sick," she continued with a worried tone, "But anyway, don't let me keep you," she smiled. Shu nodded and left. He looked at the sky that had gotten darker, a cold breeze greeted him back outside. He held both his arms, "Guess soon it'll be time to start wearing winter outfits again," he said to himself.

.

.

.

.

Shu woke up and stretched. Another day began and so another daily routine to begin, he started with his morning routine: he brushed his teeth, took a shower, brushed his hair, got dressed, ate breakfast, and left for school.