0.9

Ten. There was ten more miles north for our territory. If I suppressed those ten miles, then I will be out of the pack's territory and into the wild. That wasn't my destination, the dock was. It was a place for solitude and that's where Kylie and I went to for peace and quiet.

  Once my paws hit the damp soil, I knew that I was close. The musky scent of pines and something else blended well together. Even if I was in wolf form, I refused to have the mate bond even significant to me. We need time to calm down, and I wasn't going to make my wolf ruin the chances.

  The pine trees rose above my wolf, the sun not visible. You could say that my wolf was basic. Golden brown fur with glimpses of black fur seeping through. It was a combination of Dad and Mom's wolf, and I felt sentimental about it. What was different about my wolf were my eyes. In human form, I had green eyes and in wolf form, those green eyes stayed. 

  Usually, a werewolve's eyes changed in wolf form, but that wasn't my case. It wasn't until I heard the pitter-patter of fish in the lake did I realize I reached the dock. The dock was hand-made from generations ago, and looked quite dangerous. That didn't frain the teenage wolves from hanging around here.

   Shifting back into human form, I was bare and if anybody passed on by, then they would see me exposed. But, years ago, I had folded a pair of clothes right below the dock, where there was still the dirty grass and I hoped nobody moved from it. I was surprised when I saw countless pairs of clothes from other weres, and how they all surrounded mine.

  The dock must serve them some solitude like me.

   I walking below the dock, only bending a little, the top of my head scraped the bottom. I grabbed the combo of a Cobain t-shirt and short cut-off shorts. I slipped them on before I heard the soft patter of footsteps that weighed down on the wooden planes of the dock. Squinting my eyes, I saw in between the cracks to see a certain brunette beauty.

   I practically ran out the opposite of the dock and saw Ryder standing at the end, flicking his wrist and releases a small pebble on the water. It plopped for a bit, making a trail of ripples. My heart quickened, ready to vent to someone. I needed someone that I trusted, Ryder being one, to talk about Tristan's and my relationship. Ryder couldn't have been here anytime better.

   I shouted his name, making him twist his head to see me. A warm smile formed on his mouth. He tilted his head to the side, his curly tendrils falling in his eyes a bit. He dropped a handful of pebbles into the water, causing a big plop to sound out between the quick silence. He opened his mouth, "Kenna, come up here."

   I ran uphill and to the end of dock, then walked to where Ryder was. I enveloped him into a hug, causing both of us to be shocked. I welcomed his warm embrace and how I could fit my head in the crook of his neck. Perks of being tall. His arms wrapped around my torso, causing me to be even closer to him. 

   I pulled away from him, and grabbed him by the wrist. Somehow holding him by the hands, even if it was friendly gesture, spoke waves of intimacy with the argument Tristan and I just had. I pushed Ryder, with great care, to a sitting position at the dock, his legs bent and the laces of his shoes hanging above the water a few feet. I sat right beside him, smiling goofy.

   "You look shaken up. A bit, though." Ryder took notice of some of my emotions from the result of Tristan. Sure, I was angered at him for not understanding me, his mate, but I thought it was my fault, too. I shouldn't have pounced on him and I shouldn't have accused him of something. Maybe he didn't want to impress Dad, and maybe it was just his good-nature self. 

   I sighed, turning towards to Ryder. "I'm about to lay down a lot of shit on you. Is that okay?" He nodded. I scratched my wrist, a nervous habit of mine's. "So, I found my mate. It's Tristan Pierce, I know future Beta of our pack. We haven't really discussed of how we should really tell our parents the news. Nobody knows, well except us and now you. Oh, I forgot about Beta Harrison. We haven't mated because of the fact of having our parents know. I'm a bit scared of how to come out of being mates with him since about the Kylie's incident and Stella's outlook of it. We just got in an argument and I don't know where we stand now."

  It took a few moments for Ryder to digest all this information. Once he comprehended my words, his eyes went wide as saucers. His brown eyes were masked with confusion and shock. Reflectively, his hand balled up in a fist. Ryder was like a big older brother, and was highly over-protective of me. With his fighter's blood and trying to shield me from any dangers, he was something to reckon with.

    "What did he do to make you argue about?" Was his first words, but that wasn't the question or questions I was expecting. I was expected like Where the hell is he? Or If he touches you inappropriately without your consent, you'll tell me, right? This question was a bit on the harmless side, but the message was clear. He wanted to punch the living daylights out of Tristan.

   I put my hand over Ryder's fist, a weak attempt of calming him down. "It was my fault. I thought he was trying to impress my dad when he wasn't."

    Ryder frowned at this. "You were worried about him, why would his fight?"

    I gave Ryder a look. He knew about Beta and Alpha blood, how they were quick to defend themselves. "He's going to be a Beta, Ryder. Beta blood courses through him."

    Ryder swallowed a lump down his throat. "Tristan's a nice guy, he truly is, but the Kylie incident still weighs upon other people's shoulders. He is still the prime suspect of her disappearance and how her lifeless body showed up. He was last seen with her, retreating from the packhouse."

   I was quick to defend. "But, Kylie was drunk and could have walked away. I've already told you that both Kylie and I were drunk and thought pulling a prank would be harmless. We didn't know how the pack would be affected about it."

   "Tristan should have lead her to a safe room, at least. I'm not saying the he was the one who killed her, but still. He may be a good guy, but that doesn't mean he could do something bad. He's never has defended himself or admit killing Kylie. He's been quiet about the matter, as if he's scarred about it." 

  "Ryder, how do you think my parents are going to react to this news."

  "I don't know, I don't know."

    A/N:

    I am updating at 2 in the morning on a Sunday night, and I have school tomorrow. I did great at my dance competition and two of my routines were invited to Nationals! Anyways, I am so sorry for the long wait for this chapter. It's not as long as other's and I hope the cute scene between Kenna and Ryder is a little apology. This is unedited, since it's so late at night. Also, awesome cover by the side by writinggirly. Love it!