0.1

"Pack meeting, Kenna." Ava sighed when walking into my with the Victoria Secret bags that I asked her to buy. She dropped them beside the door and collapsed on my king size bed.

"And, how did you know about this meeting?" I rose from my position on my bed to hover over my best friend. Ava wasn't in my pack, rather she was strictly a human. No werewolf blood course through her and she only has had short expierences with werewolves in the past. Ava is one of the few humans that are trusted of keeping my race a secret. After all, who wants to coexist with beasts that could overpower you? Defiently, not me.

A slight blush rose to her pale cheeks. "N-Nobody."

"It was Ryder, wasn't it?" I giggled at her stuttering over my younger sister's ex-boyfriend.

Ryder Logan was described as every girl's wet dream's sex god. I had to admit he was pretty hot. With his dark brown hair that was set into curly tendrils and dark chocolate brown eyes, he was someone you wouldd give your own virginity to. But, Ryder and I were close friends and I wouldn't even think of having sexual intercourse with him. But, Ava would love to.

My younger sister, Stella, dated Ryder for a year and a half, but they broke up two months ago. Stella and Ryder never told me why they did break up, they were indeed a power couple. I had asked Stella several times, but she just changed the subject. And I knew Ryder, he wouldn't talk about it, at all. I thought they were deeply in love, but I thought wrong.

Now, that I've seen Ryder and Stella not joined by the hip, I realized they were polar opposites. Ryder had a temper which helped in pack sercurety and when he was playing football. Stella had a sweetheart personality and wouldn't hurt a fly or even a spider. She was on the student councilc while Ryder was just the football captain.

"I hate you." Ava, playfully, narrowed her blue eyes.

"Nah, you love me." I rolled my eyes and glanced at my alarm clock. "We should really get going to this pack meeting, Ava."

Even if Ava was a human and not part of the pack, she was accepted. After all, she was the one who warned us about the Heartcliffe pack attacking our pack. I don't know why they would do such a thing, our pack was in the top five powerful packs. While the Heartcliffe pack was number ten. Thank God for my father, who is our alpha. Yep, that's right, I'm an Alpha's daughter.

It came as a surprise to the whole werewolf world. An Alpha having a daughter was rare, I was the first Alpha's daughter in half of a century. Then, came in my sister and everybody was shocked again. Since, my sister and I were rare, people wanted to hunt us down and take us themselves, so that's why we have one of the best securties.

Ava and I got up from my bed and I lightly pushed Ava out of my room. Ava may have been my best friend, but I hated when people saw me with minimal clothes on. I wasn't anything special, I had small boobs and close to no butt at all. The only good thing about my body was that it was tan and because of many workouts, I had a flat stomach.

Putting on a white lace panty and bra, I looked at myself in the mirror. My face and body had a natural tan to it that I got from my father. I had sharp green eyes that always sparkled and I think that was my best feature. I had brown hair which was werid since my mother and father were both blondes. But, my mother and father told me it came from my grandma who had the same exact shade of hair.

I threw on a loose white crop top with a light jean high waisted shorts. I put on a light tan cardigan and slipped through a pair of black flip flops. Putting my hair up in a high ponytail, I was ready to go to the pack meeting. I opened my bedroom door and joined Ava in the hallway.

She was leaning up against the white wall across of my bedroom, texting.

Once she heard my door open, she put her phone in her jean's back pocket and hooked our arms together. "Let's go, girly."

I stepped on her toe, not too hard. "I hate that nickname."

"I know." Ava giggled while we were walking downstairs. I wasn't a girly girl, but I wasn't a tomboy either. I just simply went my own way. "Do you think Ryder will be at the meeting?"

"If I didn't know you, I would defiently know that you had a massive crush on Ryder." I smirked at Ava. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks, and she tryed to cover it up with her blonde hair. "Yes, he will be there, as always. He'll probably sit next to... Tristan."

Usually, when I said Tristan's name I would shudder in disgust. But, something in the pit of my stomach fluttered. His name fit perfectly in my mouth and when I said his name, I was even more awake than usual. I was no doubt confused with this feeling when I said my enemy's name.

Tristan Pierce really wasn't my enemy, we just had bad blood with each other. But, I did have to admit he was good looking. He had dark brown hair and now that I've thought about it, I would love to run my fingers in it. I always liked my boys with blue eyes, but Tristan had these hazel eyes that kind of just captured me. He wasn't as buff as Ryder, but he wasn't super skinny. He needed to have some muscles on him since he was going to be the future Beta of our pack. He was rather pale while Ryder had a tan to him. Tristan was easily one of the good looking guys in our pack.

Oh my gosh, what happened to me? I hated Tristan with all my heart, why was I coplimenting him? Sure, he was good looking, but that didn't mean I liked him. My body betrayed me while my mind was on the verge of betrayal.

"Kenna, are you okay?" Ava whispered. She regarded wandering eyes and I knew her full fledge attention was on me.

I nodded, weakly. "Fine."

I'm not fine. My body is on fire of the thought of Tristan. For fuck's sake, I hate him with every fibre in my body.

"Are you sure? You just got really hot." Ava put a hand on my arm, and winced when she made contact.

"I'm fine." I tried to convince her. She knew I wasn't fine and I knew I wasn't fine. I hated Tristan, I needed to teach that to my body. More importantly, he hated me.

Ava sighed, defeated, and turned into the meeting room located near the kitchen of our pack house. A scent of pine woods with a taint smell of body wash hit my nose, and I couldn't help, but inhale the smell. My wolf was going crazy and I tried so very hard to control her, but my efforts failed.

Mate.

That one word made me shiver in pleasure. As every werewolf girl, I imagined my mate as this big Alpha who would dominate me. I wanted a mate that wouldn't be shy when speaking dirty to me or afraid of PDA. The thought of a big, ruthless Alpha mate appeared in my mind and overwhelmed my senses.

I wanted this mate... Badly.

So, imagine how shocked and disappointed I was when I met with those hazel eyes. They were darkened with desire, at first, but when he noticed who I was, his eyes transformed into shock. Tristan Pierce could not be my mate.

A/N:
Picture of Kenna on the right or above if you're on mobile.