1.1

My muscles strained underneath the dense cardboard box. Stella was cackling next to Taylor Wilson, not lifting a finger to help me. As usual. I glared at the back of her head before heading over to the garage where Dad was talking to Alpha Max.

   I wasn't really into this joining pack thing, and I didn't know that some wolves were moving into our packhouse and vice versa. Taylor Wilson, a girl in my Calculus class, was one of the wolves from the Lightwood Pack who was moving in. Stella was really good friends with Taylor, and I hoped that they will be great friends. Stella hasn't made a friend ever since Kylie's death, causing my family and I to pressure her into it.

  Stella's sore spot was making friends and I've been trying to help her. Although Stella was laughing with Taylor, it doesn't mean they were exactly friends. Maybe, acquaintances, but not friends. Once they were laughing, both girls started to talk with a glint of elation in their eyes.

   "Let me get that." Ryder took the cardboard box away from me, my muscles loosening. Sweat rolled off on my arms and my hairline. 

  The sun was blazing in the sky as if it wanted us to all die from the humidity. Five black SUVS were tucked into the vast garage, which wasn't normal. Usually, our pack's cars were on the driveway or the roads. Stella had previously told me that the Lockwood pack liked to be enigmatic to humans, not wanting humans to actually find out our race.

   "Where's your boy?" Ryder whispered to me while we walked over to Dad and Alpha Max. I glared at Ryder, if he hadn't whisper then Dad would've heard. 

  Alpha Max was a bit older than me. He looked around the age of twenty-three with his blonde hair gelled into a quiff. He had dark brown eyes, almost black. As every Alpha in the world, Alpha Max had muscles wrapped around his arms, legs, chest, shoulders, and back. Somehow, I thought it was disgusting with all the muscle when usually I would've checked him out.

   "Kenna, this is Alpha Max." Dad put his hand on my shoulder once we met with the duo, pulling me to his side. "Alpha Max, this is my daughter, Kenna."

  "It's nice to meet you." He flashed me a sultry smirk, causing me to cringe internally. Sultry smiles definitely can only work on women and not men. He shoved his hand out, making me groan inside my head. I lifted my hand about to shake it, but a savior came.

  That savior of mine is my mate.

  "Kenna!" Tristan yelled from the ajar door in the garage. "Your mom wants you for something."

   Giving Alpha Max a fake apologetic smile, I turned around and walked to Tristan. I hadn't seen him all day and I was a bit angered about it. I wanted to talk to him for the past week and still hadn't shown his face, not counting last night. There was still tension between the two of us, but it was slight as if he already forgave me or I forgave him. I didn't know.

  Once I passed Tristan, he shot out his hand and grabbed my elbow. He pulled me to the side, where nobody could see us while I was pushed into the wall and he was standing opposite to me. Our breathes mixed together and we just looked at each other.

   He crashed our lips together, meshing them together. He reached out to shut the garage's door close and then returned to my hipbone. Tingles ran up my body, causing me to shiver in pleasure.It was a long time since Tristan and I were intimate and I liked the feeling of how our bodies fit each other.

  He bit my lip, making me moan, while pulling away from me. He kissed the corner of my lips, teasing me. Tristan whispered, "I'm sorry, baby."

   I gasped when he bit down, softly, on the soft flesh of my nose. His green eyes were masked with desire and it almost made me loose control. I so wanted to rip off his shirt and have my way with him, but once we mated, then everybody in the pack would know we were mates. 

   "I'm sorry." He trailed his lips down to my own, reconnecting them. We tilted our heads, deepening the kiss together. A faint stubble on his chin rubbed on my bare jawline, causing the intimacy of this moment to heighten. Tristan pulled away just so he could whisper, "I shouldn't have question you. You were right, baby, I was trying to impress your dad."

  I was lost for words. After our argument, I thought I was wrong about my accusations and I ruined something precious about our relationship. When Tristan admitted that he was trying to impress my dad, a force hit me. It wasn't soft, but it wasn't hard.

  The force was a faint flash of despondency. Tristan didn't need to impress anybody because he is... Tristan. He is perfect by his own ways and I wanted him to know that. My parents already love him, and I wanted him to know that in every which way. 

  I looked him in the eyes while I uttered the words, "Tristan, you don't have to. Originally, you would have been the Beta in the pack and if they weren't proud of you, they would've gave the title to Ryder."

   "They didn't give the title of Beta to Ryder because they were proud of me. They didn't give the title of Beta to Ryder because they wanted him to be Alpha. Your parents wanted him to be Alpha and if he couldn't, then it would be Beta." His tone was wrapped into sadness, turning his head to the side as if he was ashamed.

  I took hold of his chin, turning it back to face me. He was looking down and I knew he was going to play the stubborn card. "Tristan, don't dwell on the past. You're my mate now, and you're going to be the future Alpha. I know that you will do a great job, maybe even suppress Dad. You may have been raised as a Beta, but you can make a great Alpha."

  "You don't know how much of an effect you have on me." He crashed our lips together again.

-

  Lying in your mate's arms was the best feeling in the world. His every curvature and lines of muscles pressed to my backside, making me envelop in warmth. Tristan's warm breath fanned across the back of my neck, making the tiny hairs stand up. 

   I closed my eyes, wanting to remember this memory before I went downstairs. His warmth and his body would leave me once I crawled out of his bed, causing my wolf to whimper. She wanted her mate right by her side and I couldn't agree more. But, it was still early in the morning and nobody in the pack would be up, meaning this would be the correct time to escape.

  We didn't want the same accident like last time. The scene of Beta Harrison walking in with a revealing position between his son and me still made me flush in embarrassment. I peeled my eyes open with concentration and reluctantly, I moved Tristan's strong arm away from me.

  Tristan groan in protest, flopping over in the opposite direction. I sighed in relief, thinking it would make my little escape easier. Silently thanking Tristan and taking a note of giving him something to him, I crawled out of the bed as silent as I can be. 

  My bare feet touched the light tan carpet and I stood up. Tiptoeing to the bedroom's door, I unlocked it. The ringing of the lock unlocking filled the room and I was almost positive that it would've awaken my mate, but he let out a little huff and curled himself in a fetal position. I wanted to burst out in laughter, but that wouldn't be a good idea.

  I turned the door's knob, pulling it back. Glancing back to the bed, I notice that Tristan was still in a deep slumber. Thank Moon Goddess. If he was awake, then I needed to come up with a poor excuse and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. That would've been a bad idea. 

      Again sighing in relief, I turned my head to come face to face with Mom. Her blonde eyebrow was raised, her light blue eyes almost taunting me to tell the truth of what I was doing in the future Beta's room. Her skinny arms were crossed and she was leaning on one foot. The stance that signalled that I was in deep trouble.

  Then, I remember that I was wearing a tank tap and short shorts. Tristan wasn't wearing a shirt and just his boxers. The scene behind me led to different scenarios, and I knew that Mom was thinking about one particular scenario.

  Oh, shit.

A/N:
Yea, I got this chapter done! I started this chapter right after I posted the last one, and worked a bit on it. I'm suppose to be doing homework, so I can't really edit this. Sorry!