1.0

"Hey, Kenna." Stella leaned against my room's doorway, her blonde hair in a ponytail. I glanced up from my laptop, lifting an eyebrow.

   Stella barely came to my room, and she hasn't talked to me in a while. It was weird, yes, but I kind of respected it. She recently lost a friend and her relationship ended. It shook up from her usual routine and she needed to adjust to this new routine.

   Her green eyes, like mine, had a layer of sympathy. Sympathy of what? I don't know. Stella didn't care if I didn't invite her into my room; she strutted herself in and flopped her tiny fragile body onto the bed. My fingers slid down my laptop's keyboard, making my essay have a jumble of random letters added.

   "Can you not jump on my bed?" I glared at Stella's profile, erasing the extra letters. She gave me an exhale of breath, a hint of laughter travelling through it.

    We sat there in silence for a bit. I was typing about the Cold War while Stella was looking up at the ceiling. Sighing, I finished up a paragraph and shut down my laptop. Closing it, I pushed it away from Stella and me. 

  I took my place right next to the blonde, laying right beside each other. Obviously, she wanted to talk about something and I wanted to hear. I haven't had a solid conversation with my little sister and I wanted to have one.

    "So, how's it going?" Stella started. I laughed at how awkward we were acting. Our conversations use to be fluid and effortless. I liked that about our relationship; no fighting over every little thing, we didn't hate each other, and we didn't spend all the time with each other.

   "Really? How's it going?" I poked the side of her stomach, causing her to giggle. "That sounds like Mom and Dad. But, I'm doing okay. How about you?"

   "Why are you doing okay?" Stella regarded my question and turned herself over, facing me. 

    "Lots of homework and schoolwork." I lied, easily. The argument with Tristan has been bugging me for days, and I still haven't seen him. It's been five days, and there is no sign of Tristan. Then, there was Ryder. Ryder has been on boundary patrols a lot and we still haven't really talked about Tristan and I mates. I didn't like how we left that conversation behind about how to tell my family.

    "Oh, really?" Stella scoffed, turning herself over again. 

  Confusion blossomed its way through my body. It was my time to face her and I could clearly see her facial expression. Her eyebrows were contorted in an arch, her green eyes boiled with anger, and her lips pursed. 

   "Are you okay, Stell?" I meant to say it with a normal octave, but it came out as a whisper.

    "Just tell me the truth, Kenna!" She all but screeched at me. 

   "What?"

    "Why couldn't you tell me?!" She pushed herself off the bed and stood before me with her arms crossed over her stomach. "I'm your sister, for fuck's sake!"

   "What are you talking about?" I stood up now, reaching to put my hand on her shoulder, but she jerked away.

   "About you and Tristan." Stella sighed, calming herself down. "You could've told me that you two were mates."

     I looked down at the ground, and sat myself down on the bed once again. A part of me, mostly my wolf, was happy that she knew. But, there was still doubt. Doubt that my sister will hate me. Doubt that she wouldn't want anything to do with Tristan.

    There was something else about her, too. I didn't want her to tell my parents. 

   "How do you know?" I rung my hands together, whispering those words. 

   "I saw how you two acted together." Stella said. "Both of you look at each other as if you two already love each other."

   I just sat there, mute and waited for Stella to yell at me. Or she could have walked on out and shut the door, closing any opportunities of any other relationship. Sure, I didn't want to let go of my sister, but I didn't want a sister to hate me because of my mate.

  What surprised me was that Stella did walk away from me, but she closed my bedroom's door and locked it. I glanced upwards with pleading eyes, ready to explain anything. But, the look on her face made me shut my mouth.

   She walked back over and sat right next to me. "The time at the safe room, my suspicions were confirmed. You two arrived right on time, you pulled him aside, and you looked worried. I didn't think you would tell anybody, so I didn't say anything to you or him or even anybody else. It was something about how Beta Harrison looked so happy that made me question him about you two being mates. And he told me that you two were, indeed, mates."

    I bit my lip, readying myself for anything. Maybe she will shock me by not yelling at me or she'll be emotionless over this whole ordeal. I never knew what Stella would do in a situation like this and it infuriated me. I wanted to brace myself for what happened next.

  "I'm not mad, but I'm not too happy. I know that you can't control who you are mates with and I get that. I just wish the Moon Goddess didn't pair you up with Tristan, but that's just my opinion. I love you, Kenna, no matter what and I want you to know that." Stella patted my knee before getting up and unlocking the door, walking herself out.

  I looked at the open door, confused as hell. It was such a short conversation about Tristan and I being mates that it kind of made me ticked off. We're suppose to have a deep talk about this and yet, she left me without any resolution.

  I'm not mad, but I'm not too happy.

-

   I woke up with a start from the dream. It wasn't a nightmare, but it kind of was out of my comfort zone. My throat was dry since I hadn't had a drink in a few hours. My clothes stuck on my sweaty skin and I knew I needed to get something to drink and eat.

  Sighing, I kicked off the heavy comforter and got up from my place. I headed out the door, and down the staircase. Straining my ears, I didn't hear any wolf in the kitchen and I was thankful. I just wanted to eat and drink something than make small talk with a pack member or pack members.

  With that thought coursing through my mind, I speed walked into the kitchen where I regretted it instantly. Tristan was eating a bowl of Fruit Loops with his brown hair slicked with sweat and his green eyes dilated and red. Almost as if he couldn't get any sleep, at all.

   I wanted to scurry away, but Tristan already saw me. A thick block of tension lay between Tristan and me, making my skin prickle. I focused my eyes elsewhere which landed on the fridge. Opening the stainless steel appliance, I grabbed a water bottle and a sandwich that had my name sprawled on the plastic bag.

  I threw the sandwich, wrapped in a plastic bag, to the breakfast table which was next to the bay window in the kitchen. I moved to where Tristan was standing in front of the cabinet that holds straws. I lifted an eyebrow, signalling him to move. And he did, so.

  Our moves were robotic as if we were strangers. He leaned back on the kitchen sink, his teeth crunching on the hard cereal. I grabbed the cabinet's handle, aware that Tristan's burning gaze was set on me, and opened the wooden door. I got the packet of straws and closed the cabinet's door.

  Uncapping the water bottle with my teeth, I grabbed a pink straw and plucked it in my water bottle. I took sips while going to the breakfast table. My heart was pumping a mile, and I knew Tristan would hear.

  He would hear what he did to me.

  Our silence spoke words. Literally. The waves of misplacement covered the whole room. Some sort of barrier of longing reached out to him. It took all of our might to not run and kiss each other. That spoke so much words that I couldn't comprehend.

  He ate his cereal while I ate my sandwich. After we were done, we left each other alone. Him to his room while I went to my room as well. I can't describe how my heart was breaking and breaking, but it pained me so much.

   A/N:

I have no inspiration for this chapter so it sucks. But, I exactly know what will happen in the next chapter. This is a bit edited, but not much. To the side is Knockin on Heavens Door by Ragin because the Bellarke at the end of the season was amazing and made my heart skip a beat.