1.2

The thing about Mom was that she was scary. Plain old scary. It wasn't like she had a straight nose and her mouth was always curved up in a little know-it-all smirk, but it was just her personality. The way she rolled her eyes whenever someone she didn't like was talking, even if they were agreeing with her. Her plucked eyebrows were always raised when she busted Stella and me.

   I practically slammed the door behind me, closing Mom's view of Tristan on the bed. I knew from that slam that Tristan would be definitely awake by now. Mom's arm were still crossed, but now her full lips were pursed. 

  I had to look away from her or I would've released everything to her. Her gaze burned holes at my profile, making me wince slightly. Once again, a silence spoke words, but this time it was between Mom and me, not Tristan and me.

  "Come with me." Mom's voice was clipped, and I groaned. She was pissed, and Mom only gets pissed occasionally. She may look piss all the time, but she wasn't.

  I could tell Mom was pissed when she didn't dare to look at me or she didn't call me by my name. I looked up to see Mom walking down the hallway, and I followed her quickly. I didn't want her to yell at me because I was lacking behind. She turned a sharp corner, causing my shoulder to scrape on the wall.

  Mom's heels clicked on the wooden boards, causing this scene to be more mysterious and give me the vibe that Mom is pissed. I sighed, following her as if I was a lost puppy. Mom took many sharp turns, causing me to dodge them just so I didn't get scrape too hard or bad. 

  Mom stopped at the towering dark oak double door of Dad's and her office. She pulled it with so much force that all the blood ran to her hand, and the door slammed open. Once the door hit a tan wall, it vibrated throughout the floor and I crossed my fingers that nobody would wake up because of it. But, I knew people would've heard it and tell that Mom is pissed, which isn't a good sign.

  Dad, his head laying across the desk and small snores escaping his mouth, practically jumped out of his desk chair at the sound of the door. His blonde hair was in messy curls like he was raking his hand through it many times. His green eyes hold fatigue, and I pitied him. Mom is pissed and wouldn't hold anything back even if she was yelling at her mate and daughter.

   That's why Dad loves her.

  Sensing that his mate was mad, Dad jumped out of his chair and bolted to Mom. His hands caressed Mom's hips, pulling her into his chest. He buried his head in the crook of her neck, raking his teeth against her mark. I've seen this action numerous times and knew that Mom would calm down a bit.

  I noticed that I was looking at them with envy. Envy that everybody accepted them as mates while Tristan and I weren't. I wanted his arms around me in public, but it looked like that it wouldn't happen anytime soon. I wanted my parents' love of each other and it stroked me right in the heart.

  Quickly focusing on something else than my parents, I sat down at one of the burnt auburn chairs and sighed. I knew that Mom and Dad would be in that position for a while, so I tried to dig up an excuse for being in Tristan's room.

  I did have a History project with him and Ryder. But, why wouldn't Ryder be there with us? Why would Tristan be in his boxers? And why would I be wearing revealing clothes? There were flaws in the idea, but I think I can act real good for it.

    Ryder wouldn't be there because of patrol duties. Tristan would be in his boxers because he was getting hot. And I was in revealing clothes because... It was late at night and I thought I would have time to go sleep in my bed? It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst.

  The worst would be telling my parents the truth, but the best would be telling my parents the truth.

  Mom and Dad pulled away from each other, including a kiss. I avoided my eyes, wanting to give them a bit of privacy. They needed it since everybody is so consume with new pack members moving in and pack members moving out. Dad sat on his desk chair with Mom sitting on his lap, and the way Mom wasn't tense as much as she was comforted me.

  "Kenna." Her tone was much softer before, but I could still hear the slight warning. If I step out of lines, then she would blow up. "I get that you're a hormonal werewolf and a teenager, but I will not accept you staying in a pack member's room without our permission."

  Dad was silent, and that caused me to be more anxious. Dad always stood up for me and always had a say in the conversation, mostly to annoy the living hell out of Mom. How he was sitting straight up and his green eyes were lighting up put me on edge. I slumped in my seat, bopping my leg up and down.

  "I especially don't accept you staying in a pack member's room who's a boy. You sneaking out of the boy's room with less clothes than necessary. But, what got me angered was that it was our future Beta and you know that you must cooperate with him later in life." Dad narrowed his eyes at me while Mom was talking, laying a hand on her knee.  "We do not want any rising problems later in this pack concerning Tristan and you."

  I gave Mom a few moments to talk more, but she didn't. So, I blurted out, "We were doing our History project and we didn't notice the time was getting late. We fell asleep."

    This is the time when Mom narrowed her eyes at me, instead, and she gave me a devious smirk. "Honey, I know you're lying. It's written across your body language. You ceased doing your leg thing, your shoulders are up to you ears, and your legs are tense."

   Damn it. I thought I could get away with the lie because frankly, it was good. I had evidence of a History project and reasons what happened in the bedroom. I was so close to getting away if it weren't for my own damn body.

  Sighing, I choose to tell them the truth. "The real reason why I was in there was because Tristan and I were in a fight. Wait! Before you talk, let me explain real quick. So, you know how your mate bond weakens when you two fight? Well, that happened to Tristan and I."

  I tried not to say it out loud, and wanted them to guess it. I just didn't feel comfortable to do so, thinking that it would be easier for them to guess. But, they just looked at me with level looks and their eyes not wavering.

   "Mom and Dad, Tristan and I are mates." I said it slowly, so they could comprehend what I was saying. "We were in a fight and we both apologized. Well, I think he was the only one who apologized, but that isn't the point. The point was that we just slept together, no sexual connections. We didn't want people to know that we were mates so early."

   A gasp left Mom's mouth, her brown eye illuminating with giddiness. A smile that reached her ears transform her pursed lips. She was raking her hands in excitement, causing me to relax a bit. At least, one parent agrees of Tristan and I being mates. Dad's eyebrows were arched in concentration like he was making calculations. His index finger right below his lips and his thumb placed on his chin; his thinking posture.

   "Oh, how long have you two known? Three days?" I could see that Mom wanted to leap off Dad's lap and suffocate me with a hug. Sometimes, I think that Mom is bipolar.

   "Uh, six weeks." I scratched the back of my neck, knowing that Mom would be questioning me. Not even hunters waited this long to mate. 

  "Six weeks!" Mom's eyes were wide with shock. "Six weeks and you haven't mated? Why not, honey? He has Beta blood in him and you have Alpha blood in you, so why the hell aren't you two mated yet?"

  "Cassandra." Dad finally spoke up. "There are obvious reasons why she hasn't told us. Is it about Stella disapproving of Tristan because of Kylie?"

  I nodded, meekly. I felt so defeated by Dad's words, but still energy coursed throughout my body when hearing Mom's words. At least, I had one parent of mine approving of my mate. My other parent was confusing of the whole ordeal.

  "Right now, Kenna, it isn't the time to think of your sister. I want you to get up from that chair and run to your mate and smother him with kisses." Mom spoke with such a straight face that it almost made me burst in laughter.

A/N:
I feel like that the next chapter should just be a mature chapter. Like just Kenna and Tristan doing the frickle frackle. I don't know if I even named Kenna's mom, so now she's just Cassandra. I'm suppose to be doing homework, so this isn't edited! But, I updated three days in a row!