1.5

You would think that there will be some tension between Stella and me, but I couldn't even feel a little bit. I didn't know that Stella took notice how the swirls of a certain mark burned on my skin, but she had to. It stood out from my hair being pulled into a ponytail and anytime that I could, I would show off the intricate design. You could, also, feel the overpowering bond of the Alpha and Beta mating which led to people believe that Tristan and I were mates.

    Walking into the kitchen, I didn't expect to see Stella standing over the oven, frying some eggs. A stiff, apprehensive Ryder stood beside her, his face wiped from emotion and grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. There was evident tension between the ex-couple and it made my skin prickle, it was that bad.

    Ryder is jugging the water down as if he was in the Sahara desert while Stella's movement was almost robotic and she was calculating them. They didn't talk to each other, they stayed far away from the other, and they didn't even make eye contact. I was use to this behavior in school because they were always with each other from our lunch table to their Spanish class. Now alone and nobody there to save them from the inevitable, it felt so awkward to be standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

    Tristan still hadn't return from this meeting with his father and it started to make me a bit suspicious. I knew that Tristan and Beta Harrison had good intentions, but why would this meeting drag on? I thought it would be at least fifteen minutes and then Tristan would return to bed and cuddle with me. But, I was wrong. There is no scent or even acknowledgement that meant he's safe and sound, rather I felt empty with him not by my side.

     "So, you know that Kenna and Tristan are mates?" Ryder speaks up after he's done with the water bottle, but his voice was cautious.

      "Yea, how you feeling about that, lover boy?" Stella's voice, on the other hand, was laced with venom and she had to grit the words out. Her grip on the spatula she was holding tightened, making her movements more rigid.

"Stella." Ryder groan, rubbing the back of his neck and his eyebrows bent. "I thought we would get over that... Phase I had."

     "Oh, so you aren't lover boy anymore?" Stella scoff and I could even sense her rolling her eyes.

     Ryder's jaw tense and I knew how Stella affected him. She was feeding him snippets of her fury and Tristan had his mouth wide open to accept them. Her blonde hair hung loose in ringlets with a large dress shirt that stopped mid-thigh. It use to be Dad's before Stella stole it away from him. Ryder was the type of person who let anger seep through him, easily, and once he saw red, he would explode. It was such a sight that Ryder wasn't loosing control over himself and not throwing something around the kitchen.

    "Stella..." Ryder warn. "I suggest you let it go. I have and I have moved on, so I hope you do it too."

     "Shut up, Ryder." Stella suddenly whipped around from the stove and the spatula pointing at Ryder's hard chest, which was across the room. "I loved you and you loved someone. Of course, I can't let it go or hell even move on. If you think I'm going to do that soon, then you can lock yourself up in a room and come out in the next ten years. I'm so stupid to think that I was your mate."

"Wait, you thought you were my mate?" Ryder sputtered in surprise. Everybody thought you two were mates.

      "Well, yea." Even though her anger were reaching its peak, Stella, midst in an argument, is blushing in embarrassment. "You took care of me when I told you not to, you treated me like I was the only girl in the world, you made promises to me that you never broke, and you just did things that a mate would do. Kenna practically everybody after Kylie's death, so I really had nobody to talk to you and yet, you were there."