2.1 part one

Recap because it's been a long time since I updated:

We now know what Turners are (werewolves who turn humans to werewolves. Their name basically says it all,) and Tristan's mom past with Turners. Also, Tristan announced the news of Morgan's relation to Derek.

There were some moments that I would never wanted to participate in and this is one of them.

Tainted with exception, my knee was bouncing up and down repeatedly. My posture in the chair was horrid and I was waiting, impatiently, for a movement from Derek.

Tristan stood there, composed, with arms crossed in front of wide chest. I knew that Tristan's and my place should be swapped; I should be telling the news to Derek and being composed while Tristan sat and listen with an uneasy aura. But, I knew that Tristan was better at announcing news than me.

I saw Tristan glance at me, breaking some eye contact with Derek. As if sensing my uneasiness, Tristan walked over to me and sat down next to me. My wolf had pushed through my barriers, and welcomed Tristan's arm around my backside.

The news that Tristan had announced to Derek made the room filled with a silent tension. Derek's eyes were emotionless, emitting such a fiery atmosphere that it made me suffocated with his anger. Anger that he was taking care of a daughter he didn't know how close she was to him. Cutting through the fiery atmosphere with a knife, Tristan opened his mouth.

"Morgan has to be sacrificed in order to get the Alpha and Luna back to their rightful place."

Then, all hell broke loose.

I was expecting a war on Derek's side and Tristan to be hit with Derek's words. Rather, Derek wrapped his hand around Tristan's thick neck. Derek's thumb caressed my mate's chin. Tristan was quick to react, pushing himself off the chair and clawing at Derek's bulky hand. Sensing my mate's struggle, I growled lowly at the both of them.

  As an Alpha's daughter, my growl may have been low to me, but it was much more threatening than others. Derek drew his hand backwards, but that wasn't enough for Tristan. Although I had much more power than my mate, Tristan had always demanded respect for him while I did not care.

  Tristan took ahold of the collar of Derek's shirt, pulling him forward so they were centimeters away from each other. I watched as if this was a normal occurrence and it was. Most of the time, Tristan was the type of boy that you fell in love with his gratitude and how he was nice to anyone. But, he had moments like everybody. He was always in the shadow of Ryder or me, so he held respect much higher than the two of us. 

   A growl from his wolf erupted through the room, reverberating. Strength poured out from Tristan, exuding such hostility that it made Derek cower in fear of the unknown. We had never saw Tristan this angry before; a sight that had overpowered other Alphas' anger. It was as if Tristan was born to be an Alpha, not a Beta. "You will treat me with the best regards for a wolf like you." My mate released Derek without any condolences. Derek patted his shirt, smoothing out the wrinkles that were made from Tristan. "Now, Morgan may be my fellow pack members' child, but the Alpha and Luna of this pack has an importance to this pack that your child does not offer. We are deeply sorry for this to happen, but you should know that the Alpha and Luna will always come first. You are given a day to say your farewells before we exchange Morgan with our leaders."

  I didn't want to see Derek's face, so I lowered my face to the ground. I just knew how it would look. The way he would grimace and a fire set in his dark eyes. He would always feel something hostile to us, but he knew that we had to do this. He knew that my parents were to be here or else our pack would fail. Beta Hudson and Diana may have been great Betas, but they couldn't succeed as Alphas and Tristan's training was starting. 

  But, I couldn't become an Alpha if I wanted to. It was against the law for a female to be an Alpha, even though females take on most of the decision makings. My mother had always told me that she wanted to be the Alpha, not a Luna. It was one of the reasons why she kept to herself and was never one to be seen with a group of people.

  "Kenna." Tristan's voice seeped through my thoughts, cutting through the venom that had started to bubble through my body. "Let's go."

  And I rose from my seat, knowing that we were leaving a father that would never see her daughter after the day tomorrow. We knew that Derek would never forgive and would live with the thought that if he had pushed farther with his mate, he could have been the father of a beautiful girl. But, he will always know that we were the people to do this to him.

  And I hope, in Derek's and our sake, that he will not resort to vengeance for us. He knew that we were deeply sadden for this to occur. 

-

"Kenna." 

 My name had woken up from my deep sleep, but I didn't mind because I could feel the sadness that percolate with those two syllables. That sadness had come from right beside me; someone who I was holding in my arms. The person that made my heart flutter when he was talking.

  I peered at him with creases ensuing his forehead, where it would appear if he was thinking hard. After we had left Derek and came to the pack house, Tristan hadn't spoken a word. I knew that Derek and him were close and this situation had created a crack between them, but I never knew that Tristan would take this that hard. 

  "Hey, Ris." My hand had shot up to weave my fingers through his hair as if it was an instinct. After the couple of hours we were in bed, I couldn't feel what Tristan was enduring and I didn't know if he put up a blockage or not between us. "We made a good decision and you did a good job with announcing this decision. You can't make everyone happy, okay?"

  "No, I know that." He groaned, pushing my hand away. I frowned at the gesture, but thought nothing of  it, knowing that Tristan's feelings weren't in order at the moment. 

   "Then, what is it?" I untangled my arms from my hold of Tristan and propping myself up with my arm. 

  "Nothing." He pulled me towards him and descended his lips onto mine.

A/N:

  This is a short chapter because there are two parts of this chapter. The next one is fully rated-r material, so if you don't want to read rated-r stuff, don't read the next chapter.

  I am so sorry for not publishing a new chapter in a month, but the last month of school is always hectic, so I had to focus on my grades before writing on my free will. But in that month, I have progressed my writing skills and I hope this chapter shows that. Also, thank you for 80k+ reads, 2.5k+ votes, and 100+ comments!

  It's summer, so hopefully I can finish this book and continue writing my two others.

unedited, as always.