𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

warning: alcohol and mention of sa (no actual sa)

      You and Pansy had practically decorated every single inch of the Slytherin common room. There were glowing orbs hanging from the tall stone ceilings, each lighting up the room in beams of gold. Green strobe lights flashed consistently across the space. Each table was scattered with every treat that could ever possibly exist in the Wizarding World. Draco somehow managed to buy cases upon cases of imported fire whiskey, which he hauled in through a secret passageway with the help of Crabbe and Goyle.

     Draco had sent the first years to find a book in the restricted section of the library after they had invited everyone on his guest list. The first years brought it back and placed it in Draco's lap, who was sitting in the armchair sipping whiskey.

"Viper, come here," he drawled. You walked over to him slowly. "Take this book and find the section on sound absorbing spells. A couple of 7th years tipped me off on it. That way Filch can't bust the party."

"Smart thinking, Malfoy," you said as you grabbed the glass from his hand. "You're not supposed to get drunk before the party Draco."

Draco scoffed before continuing. "And I've got Crabbe and Goyle guarding the door the whole night, so anyone who shouldn't be in here won't be."

"Hm, very well I guess," you quipped. "Well, just to let you know, Malfoy. If you don't happen to let my friends in, I'll just have to leave this party and go to theirs."

"I've got Crabbe and Goyle guarding who goes out as well," he smirked. You rolled your eyes at him in annoyance before ripping the book from his grasp and flaunting away.

"You can't keep doing this Malfoy," you shouted as you went for your wand. He chuckled as you went around each wall, applying the spell carefully and with ease.

"Well since I have funded this little gathering of ours, I think it is fair to say that I can control the guest list. This is a Slytherin party, with only a few exceptions. Meaning your pathetic Hufflepuff and Gryffindor friends will have to go somewhere else," Malfoy said as he got up and poured himself yet another glass of whiskey at the mini bar you had set up.

       You could only turn and glare at him before resuming your silencing spell. "Done," you muttered. "Now, I have to go upstairs and get ready. You should stop drinking and do the same."

       With that, you made your way up to your dormitory where you had a skin tight, silvery dress laid out. Diamond and crystal embellishments shone vibrantly as you held it up to yourself in the mirror. You flashed a sparkly white smile at yourself as you admired your features.

"It's absolutely gorgeous," Daphne said from behind you, causing you to jump just a little. You turned around and smiled at her wide. "Did you invite your two other boy toys?"

     You scoffed at Daph's playful remark. "Well, you see, I would. But Draco has the common room on lock down. He has those two oafs Crabbe and Goyle guarding who comes in and out. There's no way I could slip out of here and invite anyone. Besides, how would they even get in?"

     Daphne stared at you for a while in thought. "Well, we could always just party here for a bit and then use the secret passageway behind the sculpture of Salazar Slytherin," she said nonchalantly. 

"Secret passageway," you questioned. Daphne quickly slapped her hand over her mouth, as if she had said something she shouldn't have.

"Shit. Blaise told me to keep that quiet," she said with eyes wide. "Oh well. He won't stay mad at me long enough for it to matter anyways."

    You smirked at her as you both burst into laughter. "So, get drunk here and then escape through the passageway," you asked. Daphne shook her head enthusiastically.