𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜

It's been three days since you ran into Draco in Diagon Alley. You thought your father was messing around when he spoke to Mr. Malfoy about dinner, but he wasn't. In about two hours they would arrive.

"Y/N, are you getting ready dear," your mother asked from outside your door.

"Yes mum, I am just not sure of what to wear." Seriously, you did not have one gown that you were interested in wearing.

"I think I might have just the thing. Be right back!" your mum said excitedly.

She returned back with a gown. It was so breathtakingly beautiful.

"Do you like it dear," she asked eagerly.

"Merlin, mum this is the prettiest dress I have ever seen. Where is it from?" you asked.

"It was the gown I wore to the engagement ball your father threw for me." As she said that she smiled looking down at the gown, reminiscing of the simpler time.

"Well, go and get it on we are running low on time," she exclaimed.

     Once your dress was on, you did some natural makeup and last-minute additions

     Once your dress was on, you did some natural makeup and last-minute additions. That's when the loud doorbell echoed through the manor.

"Y/N, the Malfoy's are here," your father shouted from below the staircase.

"Coming father."

     You started to slowly make your way down the grand staircase, trying not to trip and fall in your heels.

"Draco, be a gentleman and escort Miss Viper down the staircase," you heard Mr. Malfoy say sternly. Oh Merlin you thought. Before you knew it Draco was walking up the long staircase to you. He looked you up and down for a couple of seconds, but then quickly snapped out of his trance.

"May I," he asked sarcastically, holding out his arm. You linked arms with him as he slowly guided you step by step down the stairs. When you finally reached the bottom you expected him to let go of you, but he didn't.

"Right then, dinner should be ready. Shall we?" your father said, gesturing towards the elegant dining room. Draco walked you there and proceeded to pull out your chair. You shot him a confused look and sat down. To your surprise, he took a seat next to you. Across from him sat his father and his mother, Narcissa. The servants brought out dinner, which looked so wonderful.

"So (Y/N), how has Hogwarts been treating you these past years," Mr. Malfoy asked.

"Oh just wonderful, I love the school," you said.

"Yes, our (Y/N) here has made quite the impression. We are very proud of her," your mother said.

    You began to get bored of the constant questions that were shot around the table. First Draco's parents would ask you a question, then your parents would ask him a question. Draco seemed to have sensed how much you wanted to get up and leave.

"I do have to say that you have a lovely house here Mrs. and Mr. Viper. I've just realized that I've never really seen all of it," Draco said.

"Well I am sure (Y/N) would be delighted to take you on a tour Draco," your father said.

"Of course, come on Malfoy," you told him with a smirk.

     Right when the two of you got into the hallway you both sighed in relief.

"Merlin, they could talk for hours," you say.

"You're welcome Viper, I saw you about to pull your own hair out and decided to do you a favor," he scoffed.

"Do you actually want a tour?" You were secretly hoping he would say no, your feet were really starting to hurt in those heels.

"Not really. Where's your room" he asked.

"Up the stairs, follow me."

     As you opened the door, Draco glanced around before stepping in.

"So this is what your room looks like, Viper," he said. He began walking around and touching things, which you didn't exactly mind. That was until he walked over to your desk.

"What are all these letters from Potter," he asked with a nasty expression on his face. "Is he your little lover boy or something," he teased.

"We are just friends Draco. Put the letters down," you pleaded, reaching for the letters. He held them up way too far for you to reach.

"Since when do you guys even speak to each other," he scoffed.

"We have always been friends, you just never pay attention. Now please put them down, I haven't gotten to read them yet," you whined.

"Okay, Viper lets read them together shall we," he said with a smirk. At this point, it's whatever, as long as he doesn't destroy them you thought.

He tore the letter open and read aloud the contents of it, mocking Potter's voice:

Dear (y/n),

How has your holiday been? I hope it's been good. I am excited about our return to Hogwarts. It seems like ages since I last saw you. I really miss our conversations. You are the sweetest Slytherin I have ever met, no doubt. I really mean that. I do still wish you were in Gryffindor so you, me, Hermione, and Ron could hang out more. I wanted to ask if you were going to the Quidditch World Cup. I will be going with the Weasleys, Mr. Digorry, and his son, Cedric. I really hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

H.P

"That git is going to the Quidditch World Cup? I can't wait to torment that scarface Potter," Draco said smugly.

"Oh shut up Malfoy, he's actually really kind if you only tried to be nice to him," you spat.

"
That's hilarious. Are you actually going to go to the match with Potter," he said disgusted.

"I could never go with him, my father would throw a fit. Why, are you jealous?" you teased. He did not take the joke.

"I am not jealous, Viper mostly just concerned that you're going mad," he scoffed.

"Whatever, I don't really care what you think about my friends. Your opinion doesn't matter" you said. Right as you had said those words, you wished you hadn't. He was taken aback, and looked at you with gloomy eyes for just a second.

"I think Potter has the wrong person, you're not sweet at all," he said. Just as you were about to apologize, Draco's mum called for him. As he left, he looked back at you with a glowering stare.

What had you done?