𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

There was a loud banging that caused you to unwillingly peel your eyes open. You hazily lifted your head off of Draco's chest to see him sleeping soundly. His arm was firmly wrapped around your waist, preventing you from moving. "(Y/N)! I know you're in there! We need to go," you heard Pansy whisper-scream through the door. You grunted and tried to maneuver yourself out of Malfoy's grasp. He made a faint whimpering noise, although he was still asleep. You frowned down at him, as you didn't want to leave him there. "If you don't come out right now, Daphne and I are going without you," Pansy said a bit louder. You sighed and quickly wiggled out of Draco's hold.

Your head pounded as you glanced at the clock on Malfoy's bedside table to see that it was one in the morning. You and Draco must've fallen asleep after you had made out for a bit. You were supposed to have headed to the other parties about an hour ago.

"Shit," you said as you quickly headed for the door. Pansy was standing there with her arms crossed, glaring at you. She looked past you to see a sleeping Draco, and her face twisted in disgust.

"Don't tell me you two..."

"No! No, of course not we just kissed," you countered. Pansy still looked disgusted, but a bit relieved. Though, if you had looked into her expression for longer, you would've found that her heart ached to see you where she had wished she could be.

"Right then... We should get going," She said as she grabbed your arm and led you through the party that was still very much lively.

People were jumping up and down to the music that was booming at immense volume. It was hard to keep up with Pansy without getting trampled by the many students that were too drunk to be aware of your presence. Finally, you saw Daphne waiting for you in the distance. She raised her hand up and motioned for you to come over faster.

"Took you long enough," Daphne said before taking you and Pansy to the small, but well-stocked Slytherin library. A very large sculpture of Salazar Slytherin stood directly in the center, perpetually glaring with cold eyes.

Daphne looked around to check if anyone was near. Of course, no one was in sight. This was a party after all. No one in their right mind would be tucked away reading a book. Daphne reached out to touch the long snake that wrapped around Salazar's figure. Its jaws were in a locked attack position with fangs ready to sink into someone's skin. Daphne reached to the right fang and pushed it as if it was a button.

Suddenly, the sculpture lifted itself into the air. Revealed, was a spiral staircase that led to what appeared to be a very dark tunnel. You and Pansy screeched at the fascinating passageway. "Lumos," Daphne said before making her way down the staircase. You just stood there and watched as Greengrass reached the bottom, "Well, are you two coming?"

You looked at Pansy and then to the staircase before climbing down. Pansy followed suit as the two of you joined Daphne in the eerie hallway. You looked back up to the hole that you had come down from to see Salazar's sculpture slowly lowering itself back in place. The sculpture landed with a slight thud, leaving the only other source of light to be Daphne's wand.

"Lumos," you said as well.

"It's all dingy down here," Pansy said with a disgusted expression while she wiped a cobweb off of her arm.

"You guys wanted a way out. If we don't get going now, the other parties will be finished. They usually last until around four in the morning," Daphne said as she began walking. You and Pansy looked at each other, puzzled, before following Greengrass.

"Where are we even?" you asked.

"It's just a secret passageway that was built below the dungeons. My guess is that it was constructed by Salazar himself. From the rumors I've heard about him, the man wanted Slytherins to have full rule over the castle. Probably so that we could torment and murder mudbloods," Greengrass answered bluntly.