𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

As you and Pansy walked to the stadium, the two of you chattered about the champion's first task. That is until you felt a tug at your hair from behind. You whipped around only to see Draco pointing at Blaise.

"It was Blaise, I swear," Draco said half convincingly. You slapped Draco gently across the face and turned on your heel to continue walking. Draco, not being able to leave you alone, did a slow jog to catch up with you.

"So, nervous are we? I'm sure you are. I wonder which one of your lovers will embarrass themselves more today," Malfoy sneered from beside you. You rolled your eyes and continued walking, knowing that ignoring Malfoy was the best way to annoy him.

"Not much to say, huh? That's alright. I'm sure this is a tough time for you," He said, grinning wide.

"Oh hush, Malfoy. Leave (Y/N) alone, and try to keep that jealously to yourself, would you," Daphne Greengrass said from behind you. You looked over your shoulder and gave her a warm smile.

"Oh, please. I'm not jealous. If Viper here wants to make a fool of herself, she's more than welcome to," Draco snapped as you all climbed up the bleachers of the stadium.

"Where do you want to sit," you asked your friends.

"In the back, I want to make sure I can see every bit of this," Blaise sniggered. You scoffed but continued to climb the long array of rows to the very back. As you sat down, you glanced into the center of the stadium. You felt your stomach turn when you noticed the rocky terrain inside the walls, accompanied by a long chain. You could already connect that the rocks were there to serve coverage between the champions and the dragons. Interrupting your thought, Draco dramatically plopped himself down beside you.

"Wish I had a camera. This would be a fun scrapbook project, don't you think?" Draco asked smugly as he nudged your elbow. Blaise and Pansy laughed uncontrollably while you tried to fight the urge to slap him again.

"Yeah, while I am going to go for a walk," you said as you stood up. Draco pulled you back down into your seat by your waist, fighting against your strength with ease. You scoffed and stood up again, snapping your head to glance down at him before walking away.

"Viper!" Draco called out after you. "Where are you going? You can't just leave," he said. Without replying, you made your way down the steps. You heard Fred and George shouting about placing bets on the winner of the first task from behind you. You glanced back only to see Draco putting money down on Viktor Krum. You scoffed and exited the stadium.

     As you walked around the circumference of the ring, you came across the champion tent. With hesitation, you walked behind the tent and placed your ear against the flap. Although you couldn't quite decipher what was going on inside, you heard a twig snap from behind you. You whipped your head around only to find a timid Hermione Granger.

"Same idea?" Hermione asked. You giggled and shook your head. Hermione walked up to the flap and quickly peeked her head inside.

"It looks clear, come on," Hermione said, nodding towards inside. You hesitated but walked into the tent. Immediately you saw Cedric pacing, as well as Harry staring worriedly at his shoes. Cedric looked up from the ground and immediately made eye contact with you. With a confused look, he made his way over.

"(Y/N)? W-what are you doing here? You could get in trouble," he said worriedly. Your cheeks blushed a fair shade of pink as you nervously looked down at your boots.

"I-I know that. I just wanted to... wish you luck," you stuttered. Before Cedric could ask any further questions, Harry stepped over and tapped your arm. You looked at him and returned his soft smile.