𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Today is the last day for students to put forth their names into the Goblet of Fire. Pansy and Daphne practically dragged you to go watch people bravely putting their names in. Right as the three of you walked through the doorway you saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione who seemed to have the same idea. You walked over to sit with your friends on a nearby bench, excited to see the possible champions.

"I wonder what that blue line around the Goblet is for," Daphne said. Students seemed to be able to walk right into the blue ring, placing their names in the running. A group of Hufflepuffs came barging through the entrance, pushing a familiar face over the blue line.

"Come on Cedric, put it in," one of the Hufflepuffs exclaimed. Cedric laughed as he walked over to the Goblet, reaching to place the piece of parchment he was holding into the flame. All the other students present began clapping and shouting, congratulating him. Before he turned back to his friends, he locked eyes with you. He gave you a warm smile with his pearly white teeth. You returned the smile hesitantly, confused as to why someone like him would be acknowledging you.

"Did you see that! Cedric Diggory just smiled at me," Pansy whispered excitedly. I'm not even going to start a fight with her about this, better she's happy rather than me  you thought.

From across the room you noticed that Harry and Ron had gotten up to cheer for Cedric. Ron had attempted to say hi, but Diggory didn't seem to notice. That's what you liked about Cedric. He just kind of floated around in his own world so effortlessly. As Harry and Ron walked back to Hermione you lightly heard a bit of their conversation.

"Eternal glory. It would be brilliant wouldn't it... three years from now, when we're allowed to be chosen," Ron said in awe.

"Yeah, rather you than me," Harry said with a laugh. He's so humble for someone so well known you thought. Another thing about Harry that you loved.

A pair of red-headed twins now charged through the passageway as the crowd clapped and cheered. The Weasley twins. They were the class clowns of their year and were loved by all of the houses, mostly. With their pranks and practical jokes, they eased the tension of school work quite a bit.

"Ahahaha YESSSSS," Fred said as they made their way over to the rest of the Gryffindors.

"These two have got to be up to no good," you said to Pansy and Daphne

"Well, lads, we've done it. Cooked it up just this morning," the twins said as they high-fived the Gryffindors. They both had a small vial of a yellow potion in their hands.

"It's not going to work," Hermione teased in a singsong voice. With that the twins surrounded Hermione, not surprised that she thought their idea was foolish.

"Oh yeah? And why is that, Granger?" the twins teased.

"You see this," Hermione said, gesturing towards the blue ring. "This is an Age Line. Dumbledore has drawn it himself," she explained, as if it was obvious.

"So," the Weasley twins sneered.

"So," Hermione scoffed. "A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion." You had to agree with her there. Dumbledore probably put the Age Line there thinking of the Weasley twins themselves.

"Yeah, but that's why it's so brilliant," Fred said.

"Cause it's so pathetically dimwitted," George finished. One day these two are going to get themselves expelled you thought.

"Ready Fred," George asked.

"Ready George," Fred answered as they got up and went to the edge of the Age Line. "Bottoms up," they said simultaneously, linking arms and drinking the Aging Potion.

"This is going to blow up in these idiot's faces, I just know it," Daphne said between laughs.

     Fred and George then jumped over the Age Line and looked around, surprised that it worked. Everyone who was surrounding the Goblet were clapping and cheering. Bloody hell it actually worked you thought. The twins laughed and danced around, bragging about their accomplishment.

"Ready," they said looking at each other as they placed their slips into the Goblet.

"Yes!," they exclaimed. As they turned to exit the ring, the blue flame erupted wildly. Two balls of blue fire came flying out from the Goblet towards Fred and George.

"AHHH," they yelled as they were catapulted across the room. Everyone broke out into laughter. The Aging Potion had backfired and made them both appear old and frail. They now had beards and untidy grey hair.

"You said," George said.

"No, you said," Fred argued.

They began to wrangle each other, rolling around on the floor and bickering. Suddenly, the room went silent as Viktor Krum walked in, followed by his highmaster, Igor Karkaroff. He marched over to the Goblet with an assertive expression. Everyone in his path backed away, making sure they weren't getting on his bad side. He placed his slip of paper into the flame, glancing over to Hermione before leaving with his entourage behind him.

"Ugh, why would he smile at someone like Granger," Pansy ridiculed. "She is not the type of girl he deserves."

"And who does he deserve, you?" Daphne said sarcastically. Pansy glared at Greengrass as her bottom lip twitched in fury.

The golden trio got up to get ready for dinner. As they walked out, Harry looked back and gave you a small wave. You waved back, hoping your friends didn't notice.

"I can't sit here any longer and watch you obsess over Potter," Pansy said smugly as she got up.

"You're delusional, Pansy," you shot back as you and Daphne followed her out.

     The three of you made your way back to the dungeons to get ready for dinner. When you got to the passageway, Pansy spoke the password, "Pure-blood." You didn't appreciate the name, but it wasn't really your choice. When the passageway let you in, you saw Draco, Blaise, Theodore, Crabbe, and Goyle all lounging and listening to records. As Slytherins, you all listened to the Beatles a lot. It was just something that was always playing through the common room.

"Where have you three been," Draco asked, looking up from the letter he was writing.

"We were watching people place their names into the Goblet of Fire," you answered as you sat down on one of the leather couches.

"Oh yeah? Who put their names in," Blaise questioned.

"Well, first we saw Diggory put his name in. Then the Weasley twins tried to trick the Age Line with an Aging Potion. Then Viktor Krum put his in," Daphne answered.

"Ha! This is going to be terribly amusing. Just the thought of someone like Diggory making a fool out of himself in the matches is riveting," Draco sneered. He finished and sealed his letter, giving it to his owl to deliver.

"That would make (Y/N) terribly sad, watching her lover die in the Triwizard Tournament," Pansy mocked. "Oh but you wouldn't believe it! After pretty boy Cedric put his name in the cup, he made eyes with me and smiled," she said, hiding her excitement. You rolled your eyes. Pansy was very full of herself, and had no issue embracing it.

     Draco gave Pansy a bewildered look before continuing. "Well, c'mon we're going to miss dinner. And tonight's the night we are going to see which "champion" will be representing this good-for-nothing school," Draco said as he went for the passageway.

As you all went to follow him out, you thought about what would happen if Cedric was chosen. There was a part of you that wished he wouldn't be selected, only because you didn't want to see him get hurt.