𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

As you slowly opened your eyes, you had a sudden rush of dizziness. Before fully exposing your eyes to your surroundings' brightness, you reached up to your pounding head. It felt as if someone was repeatedly punching you. You groaned in pain as your eyes fluttered open.

     Looking around, you noticed that you were in the hospital wing. Next to you, there was an empty chair with a jacket rested upon its arm. You tried to sit up on the cot, but an arm from beside you gently pushed you back down. You whipped your head around to see who's arm had just made contact with you.

     Cedric Diggory was standing on the opposite side of the cot, looking down at you worriedly. You quickly closed your eyes and reopened them to ensure that you weren't dreaming. But, once again, you met the gaze of Cedric. He looked as if he was going to be sick with worry.

"Cedric?" You asked. "What's wrong? What's happened?"

"I am so sorry (Y/N). I didn't see you coming around the corner," he said quickly between swift breaths. "You rammed straight into me and then hit the ground hard. I tried to wake you, but you were out cold. I am so sorry. I can't believe this-" Cedric said hurriedly.

"Cedric! Stop, seriously. It's alright. It was my fault," you said, trying to reassure him. When his expression didn't change, you continued. "How did I get here, anyway?"

"Well... after you went down, I-I started to panic. So I knelt to check if you were still breathing. A-and you were, thank Merlin. B-but then, I noticed that you were bleeding," Cedric stumbled, flinching at the thought of you laid out on the floor. "So I carried you here as fast as I could."

     You gulped, trying not to blush at the thought of Cedric Diggory rushing you to the nurse. "I am fine, Cedric. Really," you said as you tried to get up once more. When you tried to sit up, you felt nauseous and could feel the earth spinning beneath you. Cedric sat down beside you on the cot and slowly guided your head back to the soft pillow.

"Please, (Y/N). You need to rest. Madam Pomfrey says you have a concussion. She is brewing you medicine, but in the meantime, you need to rest, okay?" Cedric said softly.

"Don't you have to go to dinner," you asked as you looked up.

"No, I want to stay here with you," he said firmly.

"That's ridiculous. Eat. I will be fine here," you said, nudging him.

"No. I can't. I am the reason you're here, and I'm not leaving," Cedric said as he looked into your eyes. There was something about his tone that compelled you to no longer argue with him.

     Madam Pomfrey walked over with two plates of food from the Great Hall. She smiled as she placed them on the bedside table. "Ah, Miss Viper. You are finally awake! You were out for quite some time, you know. Mr. Diggory has been here since this morning," she said, looking towards Cedric. His cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink as he looked at his hands nervously. Once Madam Pomfrey walked away, you propped yourself up against your pillow.

"Come on, let's eat," you said as you reached for your plate. He giggled, throwing his head back slightly. Cedric got up and moved over to the chair beside you. For a moment, you both ate in silence, content with the fact that you were sharing the same space. The doors of the hospital wing then opened abruptly. Both you and Cedric snapped your heads over to see who was at the door.

     There Draco stood, Blaise behind him. They both looked at you in shock, Draco's mouth wide open as if he wanted to say something. You looked at Cedric, who had a disgusted expression fixed on his face. Blaise then nudged Draco's shoulder, pushing him into the Wing. Draco quickly snapped out of his trance, and confidently walked towards you. You immediately tensed up as Cedric got to his feet and put a hand on the bed's railing.