𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

"Where do you think you're going," Draco teased. You picked up your books from the coffee table in the common room, turning around to stick your tongue out at Draco before walking away.

"Are you deaf?" Malfoy called after you as you reached the passageway.

"I'm going to the library to study," you shouted just before leaving. The easiest way to avoid fighting with Draco was to avoid much of conversations with him entirely.

     With a stack of books blocking your vision, you were ready to sit down at the library and study for several peaceful hours. The Slytherin common room could be absolute mayhem, and the silence of the library was sweet release. Taking a table towards the back, you set your textbooks down and scattered them across the span of the workspace.

School had quickly become stressful, especially after that letter from your father enforcing that every mark you receive is to be nothing but the best, most highest grade achievable. It wasn't that you were opposed to receiving good marks, it was merely that the pressure of it all consumed you. As you tried to read over your Charms assignment, the words on the parchment blurred together in your vision. You exhaled and rested your head on the table, breathing deeply in efforts to calm your nerves.

"(Y/N)?" You heard a posh voice chirp. You slowly lifted your head to see who had spoken to you. Hermione Granger was standing over you with a concerned expression.  "Are you alright? You look ill."

"I'm alright. Just trying to get some studying in," you said, followed by a fake smile. Without the worriedness leaving her face, she nodded her head slowly.

"Right," Granger said, glaring at you awkwardly. She seemed to have wanted to say something, but she stood there for several moments without a word.

"I'm sorry, did you need something," you asked. Hermione snapped out of whatever trance she was in.

"Goodness, I apologize," Granger said, reaching up to pull at her hair. "Yes, yes I was looking for you. Well, Harry had me come look for you." You stared at her for a second.

"Really? Why what's wrong, did he suddenly become paralyzed and couldn't find me himself," you scoffed, biting your lower lip in attempts to contain your smirk. Hermione giggled and shook her head.

"I'm not sure. All I know is that he had wanted to speak with you, but he had thought that you might be frustrated with him," Hermione said cautiously. You furrowed your eyebrow in question.

"Frustrated? I was never frustrated with him," you said. Hermione looked down at her shoes for a few seconds then back to you.

"He seems to think that he upset you," she said softly. "It's probably nothing though, I suppose Harry does this often." You looked at her and then to your piles upon piles of assignments.

"Where is he," you blurted.

"No, (Y/N) it's really alright. It looks like you're drowning in work. Harry can wait," Hermione said. You shook your head.

"No, I don't want him to be upset," you said as you began to gather up your things. Hermione put a hand on your textbooks, stopping you from picking them up.

"Here, I'll bring him to you. The two of you can talk and study here," Hermione said kindly.

"I really don't want to be a bother," you said. Hermione shook her head and started to back up.

"It'll only be a minute, I'll send him here," she said, leaving before you could object. You sighed and resumed reading the texts. After reading the same page over and over, you leaned your head into your hands and inhaled deeply.