•paladin danse x female reader•

cw: body talk/issues

Danse and I were completely breathless as we stumbled into the Cambridge Police Station. His power armor was thunking loudly while my footsteps were far softer. Knight Rhys huffed angrily when he looked at my face, and on the flip side, Scribe Haylen smiled and asked how our escapade went.

"It went rather well," he remarked, stalking across to the corner of the cramped space, "Despite the vermin of the Commonwealth clinging to us during its entirety. The hissing of his power armor filling the room. Air and dust billowed out from its every corner as the machinery adjusted. Danse was able to slip out of it, stretching his strong limbs. My lips parted at the sight of his muscles clinging to the tight fabric of his suit. He certainly was the only one who was unaware of how beautiful he was.

"You," Rhys hissed in my general direction, "I expect your ass upstairs in your quarters writing a report ASAP."

"Roger, sir!" I replied, a fake smile plastered to my dirty cheeks.

"After she showers, Rhys," Haylen glowered at Rhys while uttering her quip. He just grumbled, shuffling away to the jail cells in the back. I tried to ignore the harshness of Rhys, since I knew the Brotherhood was all he had. Though, it didn't really make much sense that he was a complete asshole to the only thing he had.

Whatever. The man defies logic. I slid down against the wall, letting out a huge breath as I sank. My flyaways were strewn all across my field of vision, and I decided to focus my attention on blowing them around with my breath. In fact, I was so focused that I didn't notice the lumbering figure that clouded around my hair.

"Hey," Danse called out again, waving his hand around. Embarrassed, I snapped my head back up to meet his gaze. I could feel my cheeks completely flush, and my neck was burning. Having a man who was absolutely dripping in masculinity right before me was a bit much to handle.

"S-sir." I choked the expected reply out from around the nervous lump that formed in my throat.

"We need to shower," he smiled, offering his hand towards me, "We don't want to be smelling like the trash of the Commonwealth for too long now, do we?"

I laughed a response, the nervousness melting away like ice. I latched onto his outstretched hand and pulled myself up. The two of us made our way to the showers, expecting to part ways at the usual fork of female and male bathrooms. Quite surprising that the Commonwealth still sex based restrooms, but that was not the point at the moment.

Where the typical post-mission split up was, a poorly made sign stood before the Paladin. It read:

The water pipes burst when I was in the shower earlier. I am so sorry! I am working with haste to fix it, but I don't think we have the right materials.
       - Scribe Davin

Danse chuckled at the nervous scribbles left behind by the recruit. "Well, go on ahead. I guess we can shut off the ladies restroom when I have to go." He offered a simple solution, but I felt bad considering he did a lot of the heavy lifting during the mission. In fact, I almost roasted him alive (again).

"No, no Danse. Get in there and I'll stand guard for if any woman comes this way. There's not many of us so it-"

"Nonsense," he interrupted, "What kind of Paladin steals the first and warmest shower from their men?"

"I-"

"Can you two knock it off?"

The both of us froze as we snapped our heads to look in the direction of then shout. Rhys was standing in the door frame, his cold eyes glowering at me. "Just both get in the damn women's room. It's like fucking gym showers. You all are acting like a bunch of five year olds."