•hancock x female reader•

"Holy shit..." Hancock mumbled, his normally crisp black eyes growing a foggish tint over them.

I took one last hit of my cigarette, and threw it on the floor. I stepped on it harshly, spinning on my heels to glare at the junkie.

"I'm gonna be honest with you Hancock, I don't know how much more of these 'experimental' highs I can deal with," I said, clearly exasperated from Hancock's foolish actions.

"Aw sunshine don't be like that," Hancock grumbled, placing his head on my shoulder.

"No Hancock!" I replied back angrily, "You're gonna end up killing yourself on all these drugs! Wasn't your experience with the radiation experiment turning you INTO A GHOUL enough for you to learn!"

Hancock frowned, plopping down on the couch. He crossed his arms like a tantruming 5 year old would. I sat down next to the stoned ghoul, placing my arm around his surprisingly cold and clammy body. I jerked back, and looked at Hancock carefully.

"Hancock, what was in that drug you took?" I asked slowly.

"I dunno, like some random shit and somethin' called hero? Heroine? I dunno I can't remember. They said it was some prewar thing that gave you a little kick y'know?" Hancock said sluggishly, waving his finger lazily around in the air.

"Hancock, no!" I replied tiredly, remembering how fatal that prewar drug could be, "That wasn't an 'extra kick', the drug can be fatal!"

"Oh shit... it feels fuckin' great though!" Hancock laughed, his face taking on a slightly blue color.

"Oh no..." I muttered, immediately recognizing the symptoms of a heroin overdose, "We need to find you a doctor, fast."

"Huh?" Hancock asked, "No, imma be fine."

"Hancock, I'm drawing the line here. I'm going to have to take you to Diamond City. It's the closest place from Goodneighbor," I answered, pulling the delirious ghoul up from the tattered sofa.

"No, no, no I'm gonna be fineeee," Hancock slurred, reaching for a bottle of whiskey.

I smacked the ghoul's hand, forcefully grabbed him by the coat collar, and yanked him forwards. He stumbled slightly, and kept walking, his posture slightly worsening as we walked.

"John Hancock!" I barked, harshly pulling up on his jacket.

"Mhm...?" Hancock answered, his eyes drooping heavily.

"Jesus... you're getting worse as time goes by," I muttered, holding the ghoul's blue-tinted face in my own tanned hands, "C'mon, we gotta go."

•time skip•

"Hey! No ghouls in Diamond City!" a security officer barked at me and the now unconscious ghoul.

I elbowed my way past the droning security guard, and looked around frantically for Dr. Sun's office. I glanced down at my Pip-Boy and the clock read back 2:33 am.

"Damn it," I growled, slinging the progressively iller Hancock over my shoulder.

I jogged over to Dr. Sun's home and began beating on the door. I stood there, banging for about 20 minutes, before I crumpled to the floor, silently crying. I held Hancock in my arms, rubbing his toughened skin.

"Doll, what's the matter?" a familiarly gruff voice asked.

"NICK!" I cried, relief shooting through my body at the sight of my favorite synth.

"What the Hell is going on?" he inquired, gesturing to Hancock, who was collapsed against my shoulder.

"I-I tried to find Sun, but the one time I need the bastard he isn't around, and-nd Hancock took some p-prewar drug and it's gonna kill 'im and it's really bad!" I whined out to Nick, who sat down next to me and took out a cigarette.