•deacon x female reader•

spoilers ahead! content consists of the railroad ending.

I sucked in large gulps of air as the relay brought me back to the Commonwealth. I found myself on the ground of the Railroad's HQ and I heard multiple agents gasp. I slowly pushed myself up off the ground, my legs trembling violently.

"Willow-uh I mean, Bullseye!" Deacon cried, rushing to my side, "Christ, I thought you died!"

I chuckled softly at my husband's enthusiasm and wrapped him in an embrace. Deacon stiffened, seeing as he didn't want anyone at HQ to know we were married: for 4 years in fact.

"Uh... thanks pal!" he said, patting my shoulder awkwardly.

"Deacon, you two are so shitty at hiding it even Tom can tell you're together," Carrington droned, not even stopping to look up from his work.

"Well in that case-" Deacon sighed, wrapping me into his arms and kissing me passionately. I sighed and fell into his embrace, nuzzling myself into his chest. A few agents whistles and laughed, causing grins to find their way on mine and Deacon's faces.

"Okay agents; calm yourselves down!" Des barked, calling order to the group of people, "I know you must be drained Bullseye, but we need a report: a summary at least."

"Well, I met the leader of the Institute," audible gasps sounded throughout the room, "and he's-"

I stopped, feeling the familiar disbelief and shock take over my body. I took a shaky breath in, trying to formulate the words, but tears took their place.

"He's my son... he's Shaun."

The room fell even more silent, people frozen: not knowing to offer condolences or congratulate me for finding him.

"Oh... oh," Desdemona breathed, her eyes as big as saucers.

"He's not what I expected, but I'm in a rough situation..."

"Well no shit!" an agents voice called, causing chuckles amongst the crowd.

"Because I also met Patriot; he has a name now, Liam. Liam Benet."

"Goddamn... he's actually real!" Tom exclaimed, his face lighting up like a child's on Christmas.

"There's a synth and he's going to help us-"

•time skip•

"Let's go!" Des's voice sounded throughout the relay.

I sucked in a harsh breath as I saw Z1-14 relay in the rest of my friends. Railroad agents poured in behind Des, Tom, and Deacon, and I ran up to the door of the relay. Deacon popped out and latched onto my hand tightly.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you. And I don't know if we are going to make it out of here, but..."

"Don't talk like that!" I snapped back.

"As I was saying," he continued, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me hon. This," he showed me the ring he and I wore everyday, "This promise we made, gives me a reason to keep going-keep fighting."

I forced back tears and I kissed him hurriedly, "I love you more, Deacs."

"RELAY! RELAY!" Des shouted, her voice cutting through the purity of the moment, causing Deacon and I to fall back into the solider positions we trained to be in.

I sprinted down the hallway, hearing the satisfactory storm of feet rumble behind me. I flung open the old door that led to the back rooms of the Institute.