Chapter Forty-Six: Love Expressed

*Smut y'all*

Draco and Hermione stared at each other. She looked down at her feet, screwed up all her courage and asked in a rush, "When are we going to have sex again?"

Draco's mouth dropped open in a comical fashion. "I thought - adjustment - wouldn't want -."

As he floundered Hermione had to bite back a laugh.

After a moment Draco seemed the calm down slightly. He took Hermione in his arms and rested his head on the top of hers. "I just thought maybe you wouldn't want to because..." he trailed off.

"You turned into a man whore?" Hermione supplied helpfully.

Draco shuddered. "Yea, that."

Hermione snuggled closer to him, if that was even possible. "I have to say it was a bit off putting. But I'm used to the idea now. I think. I'm just... a little scared because you have all this experience and I don't."

Draco was silent for a moment. "I need you to know that everything I did was just a way to numb myself against my reality without you. No matter who I was with, it was never as meaningful as with you. I also might have called out your name several times which did not go over well in general."

Hermione was oddly affected by the idea that in the throws of passion he'd still thought of her. Lifting her head she looked into his slate gray eyes. They were dark, almost black with what she assumed was passion. "Let's go to the bedroom."

As she dragged him down the hall Hermione tried to push down her fears. Her body had changed while she was in the bubble and she wasn't quite comfortable with those changes yet. She knew Draco used to find her attractive but she didn't know how he felt now. Her hips had filled out, and her breasts had gotten slightly larger. She'd alway been rather flat chested so the change was jarring.

Feeling her unease and someone guessing the cause (she supposed he knew her better than she cared to admit) Draco dragged her to a stop. He turned her around. "Look at me." She slowly raised her eyes to his again. "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Whether we're 18 or 25 it doesn't change a thing." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips. She melted against him, feeling his erection pressed against her stomach. It was relieving to know she still had this effect on him.

"Bed. Now," she gasped when she managed to pull away. Draco just nodded and strode with purposeful steps to their room. Hermione hurried after him, trying to get her cocktail dress off as she walked. "Blasted dress," she muttered. 

When they got to the room Draco turned her around and unzipped her. He kissed a path down her spine, making her shiver with each brush of lips.

"Draco..." she whined. "You're still dressed."

He chuckled and stopped kissing her long enough to strip completely. While he was busy Hermione quickly took off her bra and thong. Standing naked in the moonlight they took each other in, cataloging the differences between this time and the times before. Hermione had to admit that Draco looked better than she remembered which was saying something.

"God you're so perfect," Draco whispered, closing the gap between them in a heartbeat. He crushed his lips to hers, nothing gentle about the way he nipped at her lips, demanding entry. Hermione found she didn't mind - she desperately needed him. 

They found their way to the bed and tumbled down onto it, neither letting go of the other. Draco had barely touched her and she was already dripping with need. "Draco," she gasped, pulling back. "Now, please."

Draco looked down at her, his expression split between amusement and lust. "Darling I thought we'd take it slow..."

Hermione shook her head vigorously. "Now. I need you now. I don't need you to be gentle I just need you."

Draco was frozen for a moment before her swore and reached between them, positioning his cock at her entrance. "I can't be gentle," he whispered in her ear. "Not now."

"That's okay," Hermione whispered back, caressing his back. She needed this just as much as he did.

He pushed inside her none too gently. Draco paused as their hips met, his cock all the way in. Hermione sighed in relief. They still fit together like puzzle pieces. She wiggled experimentally.

"God damn it, Hermione. Don't move."

"Why?" Hermione smirked, wiggling again.

Draco growled and grabbed her hips so tightly she knew she'd have bruises later, not that she cared. He started pounding into her, his movements almost painful, but not quite. Her pleasure was mounting rapidly and she didn't think she'd last much longer. Finding Draco's eyes, she tumbled over the edge. Draco came right after her fall started.

Propping herself up so his weight wasn't on top of her, Draco kissed away the tears she hadn't known were falling. His cheeks were wet as well and she brushed at the droplets. "What's wrong darling?" he asked her, turning his head to kiss her fingertips.

"I just... I never thought I'd get this again."

"I know."

"I love you, Draco." He rolled off her and trapped her in his arms, snuggling up to her.

"You're my whole world, Hermione." He paused for a moment. "And next time I'll take the time to worship you."

Hermione giggled, during her face in his chest. "Whatever you say, Draco. I just want to be with you."

"Me too." He kissed the top of her head. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me - will ever happen to me."

They settled into the bed and were almost asleep when a sudden thought suddenly crossed Hermione's mind. "Do you think we'd still be here if you weren't a Veela?"

Draco yawned. "I hope so. I hope I would have worked up the courage to say something to you and that you'd accepted my apology."

Hermione thought back to the memories he had shown her. "I think you would have," she said slowly.

"Thank you for the vote of confidence darling. Now go to sleep; we have a busy day tomorrow, what with giving the gossip columns something to write about."