Epilogue

Draco watched Hermione glide across the ballroom floor. She was laughing and Draco could hear the tinkling all the way from the other side of the room.

Harry clapped him on the back. "You did it, mate. You got the girl."

Draco grinned at his friend. "I don't know how I managed it."

"All thanks to me and my beautiful wife," Blaise said, strolling up to them. "We were the reason you guys got together in the first place. Gentle nudging in the right direction after all."

"We were the best," Ginny added, sliding in next to her husband.

Draco rolled his eyes. He'd heard this a thousand times. He turned back to watch his new wife glide over to him. He wrapped an arm around her and bent down to kiss her lips briefly. "Are you enjoying yourself my dear?"

Hermione nodded and slyly said, "But I think I'd enjoy it more if I got to dance with my husband."

Draco knew he had a goofy smile on his face but he couldn't have cared less as his wife dragged him behind her onto the dance floor. God she looked amazing in her wedding dress. How the hell had he gotten so lucky in a mate and wife?

Getting to the middle of the room Draco swept her into his arms. They spun around and around until Hermione looked vaguely green. It was only then that Draco realized her scent had changed.

He stopped moving and Hermione stumbled. He stared down at her is disbelief. 

"What?" she asked.

"You're pregnant." It was a statement not a question.

The color drained from her face. "How did... I only just found out today. I'm so sorry, I know we're still young and -"

Draco picked her up and spun her around. "Sorry? Sorry? Hermione this is the most perfect day of my life." He set her back down and realized there were tears in both their eyes.

"I love you."

"I love you too, darling."