Chapter 7

Sorry for the late update, I got my stuff taken off me for soooo loooong, but I'm back now and Merlin am I bursting with ideas. This is going to be a crazy ride to say the least!

Enjoy the chapter!

Also that's the crown, it's simple and cute and there will be a few references to it, not much, but ya know :)

Also I know it may seem weird and inconsistent and just thrown together but trust me, it will get better.

***

Mabel cried.

After Adonis had told her he was leaving she cried.

When Adonis told her he was going to spend the whole week with her before he left, she cried.

When he had said sorry to Joseph and when Joseph had given Mabel a hug when he found out Adonis was leaving, she cried.

She had even cried when she woke up the day he was supposed to leave, with him next to her.

She had never cried so much in her life.

She lay on her back staring at the ceiling and playing with Adonis' hair while he slept soundly, his head in the crook of her neck and body splayed over her.

Maybe if I don't wake him up he'll miss his flight and won't have to go, she thought, yeah. I think I'll do that.

She felt her eyes water as he sighed in his sleep and huddled closer to her.

This was the stupid councils fault. All they ever think about is themselves and now they're sending her mate away because he's a 'suspected' Lycan. She knew for sure he was a Lycan, he knew he was, the council just didn't know for sure he was.

Tears threatened to fall as the heat of his body transferred to hers. Leaving her warm and cozy.

She was going to miss cuddling up next to him and sleeping near him. They had been sleeping in the same bed pretty much every night since they were 4 and 5. She didn't want that to change now.

But it was only for a year and a half. Maybe she was being dramatic. Nothing could go wrong and he'd be back to her soon enough.

She lifted her hand in the air slightly and checked the time on a watch she had.

11:42 AM.

He had seven hours. He was going to leave her in seven hours.

That's only if I wake him up. She thought, feeling a bit evil and selfish.

She shrugged.

It's all the same anyway, if it was me I would have stayed if he muttered the words.

Mabel had been angry. She had been sad. She had been in denial. She had been through the whole five stages of grief. She didn't necessarily want to go through it again.

Adonis stirred.

Mabel stopped her breathing and closed her eyes. She didn't realise he could feel that she wasn't breathing.

He snapped up and brought his ear near her mouth, trying to hear her breathing while putting his hands on her stomach to feel any sort of movement.

"Mabel. Mabel, baby. Hey! Wake up, get up!" He said, growing more panicked. Mabel grew confused at his erratic voice and slowly let her breath out, opening her eyes.

He looked at her and sighed in relief when he saw her beautiful marble eyes staring back up at him.

"Goddess Mabel, you scared me. You've got to stop pretending your dead when I wake up, you know it scares me every time.", he said, smiling at her while still trying to give her a scowl.