Chapter 16

NO GUYS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY MERGED BOTH OF MY FACE CLAIMS FOR MABEL AND ADONIS AND THIS IS THEIR SON 😀 HE HAS FRECKLES LIKE MABEL THOUGH HIS ARE VERY LIGHT.

I'm in love with their son.

Also guys, some of ye were kind of weirded out by the fact that Adonis was calling Mabel baby almost instantly, and I get that it's weird as fuck for human children but by the way I see it, mates are made for each other- they know each other better than anyone and make each other comfortable by just being themselves. So Adonis calling Mabel "baby" is completely normal for them because it's an instinct, an instinct given to him to make his mate most comfortable.

That's the end of my rant :)

Okay enjoy the chapter :) (sorry it's so short I've had a bit of writers block but the next chapter will be up within the week!)

**

Adonis stared at Mabel, his eyebrows crunched together.

Mabels mouth opened and closed, making her look like a fish out of water.

How was she supposed to respond to that?

"W-what? I-I wasn't tr-trying to escape! I was trying to f-find you!" Mabel says, a headache forming at the front and back of her head.

"All the way out here?" Adonis scoffed, yet his eyes stayed alert as the faint buzzing of commotion seems to be dying down.

"W-well I got si-side tracked" Mabel says, stepping a couple steps back and waved for the kids to come out.

Atreus walked out and in front of Mabel as Freddie stayed back, trying to drag Blake out from behind the bush.

Mabel sighed and picked Blake up so Eddie could stand in front of her.

When she looked back at Adonis, he held a blank look, but she could tell by the slight dip in his smile that he was confused.

"A-Adonis, t-this is Atreus." Mabel says gesturing to the boy as he stepped closer to Mabel cautiously.

"Freddie." She says as the boy holds Atreus' hand in worry.

"An-and this i-is Bla-Blake." Mabel finishes, hiking Blake up on her hip so she doesn't slip.

Adonis' eyes seemed to glint as his lips turn up in the slightest.

"Why is it you always seem to attract children" Adonis says jokingly, making a blush rise on Mabels face.

"Who are you?" Atreus says boldly, feeling the need to protect the woman that saved them, even though she really wasn't in any danger.

"Adonis Timor" Adonis replies, narrowing his eyes at the child. Why exactly is this boy talking to him?

Mabel sighs at Adonis' tone and placed a hand on Atreus' shoulder and bent down to his height.

"T-trey, be quiet b-because we h-have to escape soon o-okay?" Mabel whispers to the little human boy.

"Are we gonna go to paradeisos?" Atreus asked, making Adonis' eyebrows shoot up.

Mabel smiles a sad smile and shakes her head slightly.

"N-not yet." She says, cupping the poor boys slightly chubby cheeks before standing properly and wobbling on her feet.

Adonis shot forward to help Mabel balance herself and the child that seemed to be glued to her.

"I'm okay." Mabel says, slightly turning in on herself at the feeling of his touch and brushing his hands off.

She did a double take. Why didn't she want him to touch her?