Chapter 10

This is exactly what Mabel looks like to me except she has more light brown hair.

I think this is perfect but you can choose what you want her to look like 😛

-

Silence had fallen upon the four unlikely few following the revelations that Adonis was in fact Mabels mate.

Oria had tears in her eyes as she covered her mouth, sobbing into her hand. Ame was frozen in place, not because of Adonis- hell, she didn't even know him!- more because Mabel had just spoken for the first time in three years!

Soter held Mabel as she cried into his arms, holding her head as the memories became overwhelming. He stroked her arm up and down, just like he does after a serious beating. Only this time it didn't do anything to calm her.

Mabel kept her eyes open. Everytime she closed her eyes she saw Adonis or a memory of him and she would do anything to never have to see them again.

It's not that she didn't want to see him, goddess it wasn't that at all. It was the pain of seeing his face and knowing that she was gone and -by the looks of it- was never going back.

Her face felt like rubber after she let out all of the tears that had been built up over the years, her cheeks rosy.

"M- Mabel?" Soter whispered, stuttering slightly.

She looked at him, silently telling him to continue talking.

"Are you... are you going to talk again?", Soter asked almost nervously. He had never seen the young girl cry. Even after she was beaten and whipped and starved for days she had never cried. It was as if she was incapable of shedding tears. Until now.

Mabel cleared her throat,

"Y-yes" she let out, her voice sounding as if it hadn't been used in...well... three years.

Soter nodded and let silence fall again.

He couldn't help but feel disappointed. He knew it was a long shot for Mabel to be his beloved yet he had convinced himself over time that they were mates.

When he was younger he was told of mates- beloveds for him- by a child on the playground at school and had clung to the idea of having one, it was the only thing that kept him alive when his mother beat him. Just the thought of someone loving him just as he loved them made his life worth living. He loved his mother but she never loved him back and that's something he had to deal with. However he always thought he had Mabel. That she was his Mabel.

Just thinking of the situation confused him. If she was not his beloved/mate then why does he feel so protective over her? Why does he love her and feel the need to make her happy? What's wrong with him?

He was brought from his thoughts when Oria stood up and walked towards Mabel and sat in front of her, their chains laying next to each other as Oria took Mabels face into her hands.

"I know it's hard, I know it's so hard. Without him." Oria said, rubbing her thumb up and down Mabels cheek as Mabel nods her head rapidly.

"I assume he's talked about me?" Oria said, giving Mabel a watery smile as Ame tilts her head in confusion, still processing the fact that Mabel speaks now.

Mabel nods again, this time opening her mouth to speak.

"H-he s-said e-everyone told hi-him you we-were living w-with y-your mate? B-but h-he said he kn-knew they li-lie. H-he said you r-ran away. He lo-loves you." Mabel says tilting her head into Orias hand, clinging onto the small piece of her mate that she has.