Chapter 21

( PLOOOOT TWIIIST)

—————————————

They all walked outside to sit on a picnic blanket that was laid out under a big oak tree near the edge of the woods.

Soter sat first, his smile urging Mabel to join him.

"I had this set up, I like sitting out here by myself sometimes" he says, grinning.

Mabel always thought Soter had a very childlike personality, he carried the aura of a child whilst still looking like a teenage boy.

That's something Adonis did not posses, she also noticed.

Her and Adonis take their seats on the red and white striped blanket, Mabel's hands running along the grass beside them- beautifully curious of her surroundings which had been deprived from her for three gruelling years.

Adonis watches her with watchful eyes, taking in every part of her.

Her beautiful brown hair was streaked with grey fell along her back, her brilliant blue eyes looked worn and tired but so full of life. Her delicate fingers intertwined with the grass and pulled daisies, her pink lips being pulled between her teeth as her eyes brows furrow in concentration.

It is frustrating to see her but not feel her like he used to.

She doesn't look at him with knowing eyes anymore- instead it's often a blank stare.

She doesn't huddle next to him at every given opportunity, or whisper jokes to him.

She was Mabel but a different version and it killed him. He felt like he was mourning his mate while she was sat in front of him.

Soter was looking off into the distance, talking about his time at the house while neither Mabel or Adonis listened.

A gust of wind blew in from the Forrest, making goosebumps raise on Mabel's legs and arms and for her to pull her pretty white dress tight against her body.

Adonis reached forward, ready to warm her up when she jumped.

Soters words caught in his throat and his eyes darted to Mabel.

Adonis' eyebrows furrowed as Mabel tucked her top lip behind her bottom lip, creating a pout as her chin trembled.

"What is it baby, what's wrong" Adonis says, his voice dark as he imagines ripping apart whatever seems to frighten his mate.

Her eyes were tightly shut, but behind her eyelids it was clear her eyes were going crazy.

Her mouth opened and closed, she appeared to be gasping for air.

Just as Adonis touched her she let out an ear piercing scream.

He retracted his hand at lightning speed and his eyes scanned her body, but nothing seemed out of place.

She jumped to her feet and began tearing at her skin, scratching it so hard that blood was being drawn. She snatched up her dress and pulled it over her head in a quick motion as it seemed she believed her skin was on fire.

Excors immediately took action and surfaced. He got to his feet and let out a thunderous growl that shook the trees.

"Look away from her now" he growled out, grabbing her into his arms.

Soter jumped to his feet at last and immediately began pleading.

"Please, I can make her pain go away- I can take it away, please I need to." He says, his eyes begging as he raises his hands and step towards them.