Chapter 19

Mabels period pains had become excruciating over the time she had it, 4 days.

The pain only ever settled when Adonis touched her and although Mabel tried to refrain from getting close to him, she always ended up walking around the large house searching for his comfort.

Some days she would find him downstairs, painting with the little girl she had taken, Blake.

Other days she wouldn't find him at all and just had to lay uncomfortably with Atreus or Freddie, whoever was stuck to her that day.

She had been thinking a lot of their mother, Callista.

Freddie had her beautiful eyes and it beat her up on the inside everytime she looked into them.

Everytime she saw them, she saw Callista up against a wall, crying and hands stretched out- as if trying to protect her kids in her very last breathe.

Recently, Atreus had been displaying very odd behaviours. Just that morning he had woken up screaming and ran to Mabels room, hiding under her covers and asking for his mom.

Mabel had told them prior that their mother had went to heaven, as she didn't have the heart to lie to them; but it seems Atreus really did take it harder than Freddie, not that Freddie didn't take it hard- he was just a kid, and he did what good kids do. Ignored it.

Now here Mabel is, holding onto Atreus as she walks around the house, looking for a certain someone.

She reaches the kitchen and hears faint giggling. Her eyebrows furrow as she recognises the giggle to be female.

She knocks slightly before she hears a sigh and hushed whispers.

the kitchen door swings open and she smiles at the face of a happy Sebastian.

Mabel wonders why she heard Sebastian giggling and looked around the room to find no one there, but Liam.

Liam gives her a grin and shoves some cookies into his mouth, "Ahhh Mabwel, nice to finawwly see you", he said, words distorted due to the fact his mouth was full.

"Hi Liam" Mabels reply came as she glanced suspiciously between the two. I mean she couldn't blame Sebastian for laughing, she knows how funny Liam can be, so she just dismissed the passing thought as if it had never happened.

she turned towards Seba again with the intent of feeding the child stuck to her.

"i-i'm sorry for coming in, b-but T-Trey hasn't eaten in a while and i-i'm a bit worried" Mabel said, running her petite hands through the boys hair.

Atreus visibly relaxes at her motherly touch and shoves himself up towards her hand, loving the feeling she gives him- a feeling so close to that of his mothers touch.

Sebastians eyes wander to the child and she nods happily.

"Oh yeah belly, no ish- I just cooked up some spicy chicken salad and vegetable soup if you think he'd maybe like that?"
She says, gesturing to behind Liam, where a large pot sits along with a massive glass bowl that shows the really appealing salad.

Atreus nods eagerly and Mabels face stretches into a small smile as she accepts the food offer and thanks Sebastian for her help.

Mabel doesn't miss how Liams eyes follow Sebastian around the kitchen as she sets everything up to be carried into the dining room- in fact, if she didn't know better, she would have thought of it as a rather longing gaze.

As Sebastian carries plate and food into the dining room, with the assistance of Mabel and Liam, the food is set out and Bash rings a small bell that's connected to others around the house, summoning the other kids and Adonis to the table.