EPISODE 5: BAD MOOD.

#SACRED_OATHS

Author: Samuel Frederick

Episode 5: BAD MOOD.

__________

"So, ladies, how did you both see the papers na?" Oluchi, Mimi's friend, asked as we all trooped out of the exam hall in large numbers. We had just concluded our papers for the day.

"I'll be very honest with you; it wasn't what I expected at all, but it was fine." Mimi answered her friend's question, paving the way for a moderate conversation.

"The invigilators were too strict today. I wonder why." Oluchi lamented.

"What did you expect, with the way examination malpractice has been on the rise lately?" Mimi asked, giving her a very funny look. Oluchi didn't reply though. We just kept on walking straight ahead in silence.

"Doesn't she talk?" Oluchi eventually asked, after a brief moment of silence between us.

"Who?"

"Your friend."

"Oh, you mean Fifi?" Mimi answered, laughing for no logical reason I could fathom. "She actually does. It's just that you would rarely find her doing so."

"Nawa for her o! Is this how she actually behaves at home?"

Mimi nodded affirmatively, simply giggling.

"Sister Fifi, I hope all's well with you sha? 'Cause I really don't understand what's behind this thick frown on your face o!" Oluchi joked with a very funny facial expression and a childlike tone in her voice.

"I'm fine." I answered with a smile, at least to clear their doubts. "I'm just a little bit drowsy. That's all."

"Eyah! I learnt about your condition, though. Mimi told me earlier, before we sat for the exam. But, all the same, how's your health now?"

"Getting better, I guess." I replied, completely unsure of my actual state of health. I was that terrible at keeping statistics, even at the expense of my own life.

"You know what? There's someone I want you guys to meet. He's my new catch. He should be at the cafeteria right now, waiting for us. I told him I might bring some friends along with me, and he agreed with ease. He's totally cool with it, so I hope you girls don't mind?" Oluchi asked, striking a very vibrant smile as she looked at us, so eager to hear our reply.

"Sure. Why not?" Mimi approved without my consent, so I had no choice but to follow them at my own discomfort.

When we got to the cafeteria, the place was already crowded and rowdy. It had no distinction whatsoever from the population and noise of a market square.

We were still trying to find Oluchi's so-called new catch when we finally saw someone waving at us from a distance. He had spotted us.

So we followed the direction in which the wave came from and soon got to his table.

For the third time in the same month, I was shocked to see the guy beside Oluchi's catch again, so was he. He now looked decent and much more sophisticated than the last time we met. His old school afro haircut was what made me recognize him easily! His beard had been trimmed and his sideburns were neatly shaved, and his skin radiated in its perfect dark, creamy complexion.

Briefly, I withdrew my gaze from him in pretence, as though I hadn't seen him, but he probably knew I had, because I could see him looking from my peripheral vision.

For the record, he never stopped staring at me, and it made me highly uncomfortable. However, two other guys were seated beside him, like he was some sort of vice president who needed protection or something.

"Girls, meet Simon my baby boo, and his friends Kingsley and Boma." Oluchi said, pointing at them individually as she sat on Simon's laps. "And guys, meet my girlfriends, Fifi and Mimi."

"Hello, ladies!" Simon and Kingsley chorused, while Boma waved at us instead. He was acting strange, probably because we had both met before.

I personally didn't fancy alcohol for any reason whatsoever, so I just asked for Malt instead when we all made our orders. Everyone but me had beer in front of them, making me the odd one out.

"So she doesn't drink alcohol?" Boma suddenly talked, for the very first time since we arrived here. He seemed to be a man of few words.

"No, she does not. She's the holiest of us all!" Mimi answered sarcastically, and they all cracked up at once.

"And I've come across her type times without number in this same campus! They are the major hypocrites we have in this institution." Kingsley cut in immediately, making them explode into laughter again.

I was starting to feel like the main topic they were here for. They probably thought it was all fun and jokes, but it wasn't even the slightest bit funny to me, so I picked up my bag gently and stood up with the excuse that I wanted to use the restroom, but in actuality, I just wanted to go home.

I had barely stepped out of the cafeteria when a hand suddenly grasped my wrist from behind. I looked back in annoyance. It was Boma.

"Where are you going to?"

"Home."

"Why?"

"None of your business."

"Hey, chill." He scoffed. "Is this how rude you usually are?"

Instantly, those words struck me like poison! I literally felt my blood boiling deep down inside like a furious volcano, threatening to erupt.

Instead of lashing out, however, I just said, "Back off!"

"Seriously, you need to calm down, Fifi. There's no need to be rude." He said, smirking. "Nobody likes a rude, temperamental lady, you know?"

Honestly, that was the lethal blow that made me bonkers!

The next thing I knew, I felt my left hand super-glued onto his right cheek with extreme, deadly force, creating the loudest, most terrifying sound ever heard by mankind.