EPISODE 32: BIG TROUBLE.

SACRED_OATHS

Author: Samuel Frederick

Episode 32: BIG TROUBLE.

__________

“How do you mean I am pregnant? It’s impossible!” I exclaimed curtly, unwilling to accept the blatant fact that was right before me. I could see the two colored lines on the test tool, showing positive.

“Fifi I can’t lie to you. Can’t you see the result by yourself? You are pregnant!” Nancy confirmed it again, showing me the test result clearly, but I still couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t agree with it.

A few hours earlier, after I had experienced that sharp persistent pain from my stomach, Boma had managed to lift me up with the help of Nancy and Rita who had rushed to the scene on hearing my screams. I kept vomiting from time to time, over and over again as they walked me into the house.

The first thing Nancy suggested was for us to take two tests; one for pregnancy, and one for malaria. I agreed to take the malaria test, but as for the former, it sounded rather stupid to even think toward that direction. It was probably symptoms of malaria, typhoid or even fever, as I’d assumed, but the test proved otherwise.

Nancy and I were still in the bathroom in Boma’s room, arguing. The door was locked while Boma, Simon, Kingsley and Rita waited in the room for us.

“Nancy don’t you understand? I can’t be pregnant! It’s impossible! No way!” I persisted, disturbed. “No way!

“Fifi, whether you like it or not, this test result shows positive. I have spent more than five years in this medical field so I know what’s up.” She said, upset. “I won’t argue with you anymore.”

“Oh God! What do I do now? I’m not ready for this!” I scratched my hair rigorously, almost lost in thought and confused.

“The pregnancy is still early, it’s just a week old.” Nancy said. “I have a suggestion that could help.”

“What is it? Please tell me!”

Nancy shifted closer to me and whispered something in my left ear. I literally bulged my eyes out of their sockets instantly.

“What?! I can’t do that!”

“Well, it’s just a simple suggestion.” She shrugged. “Do you have a better idea?”

“No, I can’t do it. It’s too risky!”

“I have some pills you can use. They’ll flush it out smoothly,” she urged me on, “like nothing ever happened.”

“I’m serious Nancy, I can’t do it.”

“So what do you intend to do, then?”

“Honestly I don’t know. I’m confused to the core.” I admitted, leaning against the wall.

“If you don’t want to flush it out, then I guess you have no option but to tell him.”

“How do I even tell him? I don’t even think he’s ready either!”

“You just have to try,” she said. “Come on. Let’s go.”

We exited the bathroom, and just as I’d predicted, the others were all tensed from waiting too long.

“How did it go?” Boma asked on seeing us. All eyes were on us, staring intently to know my response, waiting eagerly to hear what I had to say.

I looked at Boma’s face in particular; the way he gazed at me with grave concern to hear me speak. I couldn’t bear the burden of breaking his heart! I couldn’t tell him.