Episode 15: WHAT THE HELL?

#SACRED_OATHS

Author: Samuel Frederick

Episode 15: WHAT THE HELL?

__________

Something funny happened the next day at the exam hall. In the middle of the struggle, as everyone brainstormed to answer their questions, there was this certain lady who sat a row before me, asking for extra sheets from time to time. In less than an hour, she had single-handedly used up to three answer sheets. Almost everyone's attention was on her. Even the invigilator was surprised.

The funny thing was that, Oluchi sat beside me and we had barely written anything. She was as clueless as I was, and we had little time left.

“Oluchi ask this lady something!” I whispered.

“Why can't you ask her by yourself?” She replied.

“Hurry up. We don't have time.”

“Don't you have a mouth? Do it yourself.”

“Please, just ask!” I pleaded with her in hushed whispers. “Come on!”

She hesitated for a while before tapping the lady in front of us. The pretty lady looked back at our dull faces, confused.

“Can I help you both?”

“Yes. Babe, please, don't be offended. Can you help us with the answers for Section A?” Oluchi asked smartly.

“If I tell you I haven't answered anything yet, you won't even believe me. Can you help me with the answer for number 1, Section B in particular, please?” She asked, to our utmost surprise.

Oluchi and I shared glances at each other and we couldn't control the laughter that erupted on impulse. We almost got ourselves into trouble. If not that the invigilator was a nice man, he would have surely seized our papers.

We ended the paper for that day and met outside. Oluchi, Mimi, Jovita and I strolled randomly around the school, discussing along the way until we found ourselves at the school's main field. It was actually Oluchi's idea for us to go there.

When we asked her why she preferred the field instead of the cafeteria we intended to go to, she simply told us not to worry, that we would soon see for ourselves. It actually happened that a football match was being held there.

To my surprise, I saw Boma, Simon and Kingsley all dressed in football jerseys. They were all training for the match. I wanted to call out to Boma, but Oluchi cautioned me not to disrupt their training, so we all took a sit among the crowd and watched as they prepared for the match.

“How did you know they would be here?” Jovita asked, referring to Oluchi.

“Oh. Simon informed me earlier on. He wanted me to see him play for the new team.” Oluchi replied.

“So is this what they are actually playing? It's very boring.” Jovita shrugged. “I can't waste my precious time here.”

“Yo, chill! They haven't even started yet. Relax your nerves.” Oluchi assured her. “This is just the training session. Don't you watch football?”

“I do, but not local football matches like this. This very one is not worth my time.” She complained with a frown on her face. “It's too dry.”

“Let them start first.” Oluchi said, trying to die the matter but Jovita wasn't having it.

“Should we place a bet?”

“A bet?” Oluchi repeated, confused. “A bet for what exactly?”